Company Name: 8500452 Canada Inc. - o/a Original Footwear Canada
Business Address: 91 Armstrong Ave, Unit #1, Georgetown, ON L7G 4S1
Job Title: President - Global Sourcing and Manufacturing
• Responsible for all North American production facilities with focus on on-time delivery of 100% of orders.
• Responsible for all staffing in North American production facilities with a focus on retention of our direct labor work
force. Target to reduce turnover to less than 5%.
• Candidate will be responsible for bonus payment programs for all factory workers.
• Candidate will meet with other department heads to review operations and develop company –wide strategies.
• Candidate will be responsible for the selection and management of the five senior managers within his department.
• Responsible for all financial and budgetary requirements within the department.
• Candidate will identify and purchase all factory machinery needs.
• Candidate will be responsible to maintain a b-grade production rate below 1.5% and a material scrap rate below 2.0%.
• Responsible for all R&D staff in Canada, USA and Puerto Rico operations. Includes setting of production output goals,
workflow, and all aspects of R&D from footwear design to commercialization of all new products.
• Responsible for all foreign-based contract manufacturers. This to include the selection and approval based on Original
Footwear’s Corporate Code of Conduct and C-TPAT regulations.
• Candidate will oversee and lead Quality Assurance Teams in both contract manufacturers and all company owned factory
• Responsible to issue corrective actions for all processes out of specification and ensure they are corrected in an
acceptable time period.
• Candidate will oversee and lead Canadian operations. (Warehouse, office, sales and customer service)
• Candidate will work closely will the global sales team to determine market feasibility on new product designs and
schedules in order to bring product to market.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Language of Work: English
Wage Offered: $200,000 to $250,000 (CAD) - Annual Merit/Bonus eligibility. (Maximum 50% of Base Salary)
Benefits Offered: Medical Benefits, Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Out of Country Emergency
Medical Care, Health Benefits (Nursing, Paramedic, Orthopedic, Vision, Hearing Aid, Drug Program), Dental Benefits, 14 Vacation
Days, Potential Annual Merit Increase based on performance, and other potential benefits.
Location of Work: 93 Armstrong Ave, Unit #1, Georgetown, ON Canada L7G 4S1
How to Apply: By E-mail to Scott Roach, VP of Sales & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Page 2 of 2
• Applicant must have excellent communication skills along with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment. Travel
to the USA, Philippines, China, Mexico, Vietnam, Cambodia & Puerto Rico will be required on a frequent basis.
• Knowledge of shoe last model making and last grading. Candidate should be able to make and supervise shoe last model
creation and last modifications. Should be able to grade for US, Canadian and European sizes.
• Applicant should have a minimum of 15 years experience with advanced pattern engineering & grading skills, backed with
at least one CAD-CAM footwear engineering and design system.
• Should be proficient with automatic computer cutting equipment (Gerber and Lectra), automatic stitching machines
(Brother and Orisol) and general automation of footwear manufacturing equipment.
• Should be familiar with all current testing methods and standards for global safety footwear. (EN, ASTM, CSA, ISO)
• Solid understanding of footwear costing procedures and cost negotiations for raw materials and finished products.
• Solid understanding of direct injection outsole and midsole mould design procedures, use of rubber, polyurethanes, EVA
and TPU compounds. Be able to read mould design drawings and foresee issues like PU leaking and bonding.
• Extensive knowledge of direct injection process, mould design and making, pouring and casting systems and spew
• Extensive knowledge of Good Year Welt, cement and stroble design constructions.
• The candidate should have excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products like Outlook, Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint etc.
• The candidate should be able to work independently with factories and suppliers and establish forecasting and delivery
goals to meet corporate sales demand.
• Candidate should be well versed with US Department of Defence footwear requirements and conditions established
under AR670-1 and The Berry Amendments Act. Should have extensive knowledge of all North American material
suppliers and manufacturing processes to cover the above-mentioned clauses.
• Proven leadership skills, including the ability to build, manage and retain a solid team.
• Excellent ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
• Should be able to perform tasks outside normally scheduled business hours.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.