PRINCIPAL/SENIOR IC DESIGN ENGINEER
Semtech Corporation (NASDAQ:SMTC; www.Semtech.com) is a leading supplier of high-quality analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products. Semtech is an organization headquartered in Camarillo, California with 31 offices in 14 countries around the world. We pride ourselves of being big enough to have global reach but still a size where our staff can influence and make an impact through great performance and innovation. We are presently looking for multiple PRINCIPAL/SENIOR IC DESIGNERS to be located in our Ottawa, Burlington and/or Calgary offices. This role is a great opportunity to work with a world class IC development team, developing advanced CMOS and BiCMOS data and video communications products at rates of 25-400G. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Design Engineering, the Principal/Senior IC Design Engineer will supplement our existing team by taking a leading role in the development and design of high speed IC products, from initial concept through to volume production. This position offers the opportunity to lead programs and make a major difference.
Locations: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Burlington, Ontario, Canada +/or Calgary, Alberta Canada
The ideal candidate should have recent experience of designing high speed data communications products. We are also interested in hearing from candidates with experience of high speed IC circuit design for other applications.
Not only is this a great opportunity to exploit and further develop your IC design skills in a successful team, we also offer a competitive remuneration package including an attractive salary, a full range of benefits, performance related bonus and equity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design of high speed IC products from concept to manufacture, to schedule
- Lead engineer with responsibility for delivering high performance IC product designs
- Provide technical leadership to junior design engineers
- Interface to marketing and applications to define new products and support existing products
- Working effectively with cross functional teams (marketing, sales, applications, product/test engineering) to deliver IC Products
- Assessing product feasibility and schedule
- Undertaking multiple projects in parallel
- Preparing technical reviews and product documentation
- Timely production and delivery of IC circuit designs to specification, technical reviews and product documentation
- Effective working relationships developed and maintained at all times
- Develop leadership skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BASc degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with significant IC design content (PhD or Masters degree preferred)
- 10 years of post-graduate experience in IC product design
- Thorough understanding of analogue circuit theory, transmission lines and device fundamentals
- Experience of designing analog SiGe BiCMOS circuits is a strong asset as is knowledge of SerDes, PLLs, CDRs, TIAs and laser drivers
- Proven track record of taking high performance, high speed IC designs from concept through to volume production, with a successful commercial outcome
- Experienced in Cadence IC design flow and tools. Experience with system modelling tools an asset.
- Experienced in working with test and product engineering and applications
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good appreciation of the impact of IC layout on circuit performance and circuit design
- Ability to interpret customer and lab verification results to support applications and device characterization
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
Semtech, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity, knowledge and expertise of our workforce. Success, Ethics, Respect and Alignment are the foundational values of our business and guide our relationships with employees, shareholders, customers and other stakeholders. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, an environment dedicated to teamwork, innovation, work/life balance and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about Semtech and our products in our Corporate Video