Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Technology Risk's (Tech Risk) mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology related risks. The department executes the first line of defense technology risk management capabilities and implements proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm.
Tech Risk protects the Firm’s information, systems and infrastructure from cyber and insider threats; ensures the secure and stable delivery of services to our clients; and adjusts to risks presented by an evolving threat landscape. The department delivers a range of operational capabilities, as well as suite of advanced detection, monitoring and analytics, and also provides expert advice on secure design and development and control effectiveness. Tech Risk manages responses to regulatory and client inquiries about the Firm’s technology environment and ensures Technology divisions meet governance and oversight obligations along all lines of defense, driving material and measurable risk reduction. Tech Risk maintains strategic relationships with external entities, both public and private, to facilitate information sharing and innovation in financial services, technology and government, and is also responsible for building risk education and security awareness programs to increase vigilance across the Firm.
The Technology Risk (TR) Insider Threat and Investigations department is a core component of the broader Technology Risk Cybersecurity organization. The TR Insider Threat and Investigations firm-wide mission is to collaborate with Morgan Stanley internal and external cyber, risk, and technology organizations to continuously identify, deter, prevent, detect, respond, and report evolving threats originating from employee or contingent worker misuse of authorized access to Morgan Stanley systems and information.
Employee will be supporting Insider Threat problem management efforts through incident ticketing analysis, production of trending for ongoing recommendation of root cause analysis, and creation of supporting stakeholder materials for review and visibility. Individual will also be reviewing and analyzing data in the early phase of use case creation and correlation within the larger use case data set. Activity in this role includes management of pipeline meetings, data input, tracking, mining, and creation of senior stakeholder reporting on controls and policy details.
This is a non-technical role and the selected candidate will be located in Montreal, working with a global team of IT Security professional.
The ideal candidate will be in charge of:
- Project & Stakeholder Management
- Data Gathering & Evaluation
- Performance Tracking & Analysis (Trending)
- Risk identification/Mitigation
- Documentation & Reporting
- Use Case & Workflow Diagrams Requirement Tracking
- Design Thinking and Agile methodology
- Process Analysis & Optimization.
- 5 plus years of experience in a problem and process management focused role.
- Database management skills necessary to manage, track and mine data for ongoing stakeholder reporting visibility into the data leakage program space
- Working knowledge of problem management and risk management analysis necessary in order to identify risk mitigation of business, operational and program risks
- Demonstrated experience in a client focused environment within a process re-engineering/governance space; evaluating data, optimizing processes, driving project execution and managing executive-level reporting
- Proven history of overseeing all aspects of delivery management – from initial consultation and planning through to execution and evaluation
- Confident communicator who builds strong working relationships, translates complex information into meaningful documentation and reporting and effectively collaborates with diverse stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Strategic problem solver who quickly identifies strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for efficiencies to deliver immediate and long-term improvements
- Strong analytic skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office ( Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio)
Skills Desired :
- Background in Insider Threat is preferable, however, not mandatory
- Knowledge of data leakage protection helpful, however, not mandatory
- Lean or Six Sigma Analysis
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.