The purpose of the Process Engineer's role will be to provide technical support to operate a major asset (or technical leadership to a smaller asset) at target regarding output, usage of material and energy by meeting the product specifications. To achieve that goal, the Process Engineer needs to use a process of data collection, auditing and preventive maintenance which allows the ability to identify deviations quickly and implement corrective measures. Own RCCA analysis should be applied and consequent trials and DOEs are planned, executed and interpreted. Comprehensive evaluations of asset performance issues are supported. Based on performance analysis, raw material specifications will be reviewed on a regular frequency and potentially adjusted to drive the expected performance improvement.
* Perform continuous analysis identifying areas for improvement and corrective actions
* Execute standard control processes and standard operating procedures
* Actively support the improvement of safety performance by encouraging safe behaviors of the team and engaging in the process to improve the JM safety culture
* Work closely with internal and external resources to resolve technical issues. Shares learnings and findings in a proactive way in the technical community and potentially participates in the JM COE's
* Work with multiple operations/functions to identify process improvement opportunities
* Lead well-defined projects and process optimizations in a manufacturing operation
* Provide on-site support during construction and startup to enhance in-plant resource capabilities
* May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Team
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or related science
* 5+ years of experience in industrial continuous process manufacturing
* Experience of identifying and implementing process improvements (Solid)
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills including complex data analysis (Solid)
* Proven results orientation including the ability to lead key projects to successful completion (Solid)
* Experience with DOE for process improvement
* Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment (Solid)
* Ability to set and communicate expectations to team members (Solid)
* Demonstrated collaboration skills including the ability to interact with a broad range of employees (Solid)
* Proven ability to make timely decisions (Solid)
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (Solid)
* Proven analytical and quality improvement ability (Solid)
* Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally (Solid)
* Ability to travel in support of other facilities up to 25%
* Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility: May be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled