Process Engineer - (Lanigan, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Process Engineer is part of a team reporting to the Chief Metallurgical Engineer.
What you will do:
- Under the direction of the Chief Metallurgical Engineer, responsible for the metallurgical performance of the plant
- Monitor the mill's performance and provide recommendations to improve recovery, product quality, production costs, or safety and environmental performance
- Support capital projects by providing technical support in the design, specification, selection and operation of equipment
- Complete required metallurgical analysis and reporting, including the site's production stats, downtime reporting, metallurgical losses and reagent consumption
- Work with Operations to identify plant issues and develop corrective actions to prevent recurrence
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university in an engineering discipline (Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mineral Process Engineering)
- Eligible for registration with APEGS as either an EIT or P.Eng
- Well versed in mass/energy balancing, statistics, transport phenomena (slurries an asset), reaction kinetics, equipment selection/evaluation, and process control/design
- Experience working in a mineral processing environment is a definite asset
- Exposure to mineral based modeling and assay balancing software will be highly regarded (i.e. METSIM, Bilmat), as well as exposure to process control systems (DeltaV) and statistical packages (MiniTAB)
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran