Reporting to Supervisor, Processing, as the weekend day shift Thermal Spray Operator - High Velocity Oxy Fuel (HVOF) you will be responsible for all aspects of the Thermal Spray Operation (HVOF) in Oakville.
- Follow written tech plans and instructions to apply thermal spray coatings to hardware.
- Proficient with the use of coating systems.
- Plans, develops, writes, revises, documents, tests, implements and controls programs for robots as applicable.
- Operates blasting equipment to clean and prepare the surface of materials and components.
- Prepares and masks parts with fixtures, tape, or metal masks prior to coating.
- Sets up and operates various types of manual, semi-automatic and/or robotic spray systems to apply coatings to parts.
- Records time, temperatures, serial numbers, etc on process sheets and logs.
- Removes masking, cleans overspray and washes parts.
- Inspects surfaces visually for defects and compliance with specifications using micrometers, calipers, elcometers, profilometers, or related devices prior to and after applying coating.
- Cleans and maintains spray/coating equipment, fixtures and blast cabinets.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Prepare, coat, and test specimens for production acceptance testing.
- Attainment of applicable internal process stamp(s).
- HVOF Diamond Belt/Wheel Grinding as required
- Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
- Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
- Manual lifting as per company EH&S policies and procedures.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Minimum grade 12 diploma.
- Previous experience with thermal spray operations OR certification in any one of the Specialized Chemical Processes/Surface treatment processes.
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience
- A valid passport and ability to travel for training as required
- Successful candidate must meet requirements under ITAR and CCGP
- Must be willing to work the weekend day shift (Friday to Sunday 3am to 3pm OR 6am to 6pm)
Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.