Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Place Ville Marie 1 - Bureau
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for managing the material resources necessary to carry out Technical Services operations. He or she manages suppliers, purchases and physical inventory. He or she ensures the balance between availability and cost-effectiveness, while continuously optimizing processes and physical inventory procedures.
- Manage the purchasing, ordering, receiving and distribution of technical materials;
- Maintain an optimal level of inventory to avoid material waste;
- Manage the Technical Services warehouses and ensure they run smoothly;
- Analyze the needs of the various trade jobs in order to minimize the quantity of material on the shelf and promote a just-in-time order management approach;
- Establish and maintain ties with suppliers;
- Find savings and business opportunities with Campus Montréal teams;
- Coordinate designated service contracts;
- Work closely with other departments and send information to them as required;
- Prepare, draft and submit service proposals;
- Update price and supplier lists on an ongoing basis;
- Assist department heads in creating service contracts for tenants;
- Assist the Coordinator in creating and managing tendering documents;
- Assist the Technical Services team with various projects;
- Code billable service calls;
- Manage workplace health and safety equipment (harnesses, breathing apparatuses, HEPA devices, etc.);
- Oversee the maintenance of elevating and work platforms;
- Replace the Coordinator and Technical Assistant as required;
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Keen customer service mindset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Three to five years of hands-on experience as a buyer, warehouse clerk or procurement technician;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Ability to perform under pressure;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Familiarity with materials, maintenance, plumbing, electricity, locksmithing, ventilation, etc.;
- Solid sense of initiative and judgment; strong organizational and teamwork skills;
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and/or The Good Register, an asset.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.