To serve as the Factory's Raw Material Supply Coordinator in order to meet the needs of factory for demand planning, service levels, efficiency, inventory analysis and Continuous Improvement of statistically managed inventory classifications and stock limits. This is a critical role in the factory by ensuring Raw Material availability for a complex portfolio of diets for the Operations Team to produce each day.
• Perform all raw material planning functions within budgeted costs and according to Just-In-Time production concept / Pulled Production concept / security stock / client service rate / costs & productivity / preventive maintenance / quality & organization.
• Supply local and overseas raw materials according to sales forecast / RM inventory / supplier and RM specificities / production planning / warehouse capacity / events in order to assure the daily needs of the factory
• Assure that payments / RC engagements to Supplier are completely fulfilled according to rules / contracts.
• Responsible for maintaining freight lanes for raw materials that do not have a supplier driven route to the factory.
• Actively follow up with Commercial, Quality, and Operations teams for any short-dated, overstocked Raw materials and provide disposition information to Quality & Finance
• Arrange, plan and finalize all activities related to factory reception schedules for all inbound raw materials. Maintains schedule and reacts to issues to protect fill rate
• Continuous Improvement on SMI target levels to ensure the highest service level, lowest inventory carrying cost, and maximized run efficiencies using advanced analytic skills.
• Personally accountable for inventory of all raw ingredients in onsite silos, racks and 3PL Raw Material Warehousing (cyclical and period end inventories), DRPO inventory levels, and impact of inventory cost to cash/prime.
• Helps to ensure high TRS levels for the factory through efficient planning, and cross collaboration with all departments to deliver competing objectives.
• Collaborate on requested documentation to other Departments as needed, such Purchase Orders, Blanket Orders, Contracts, and Freight Po's.
• Perform recording works into Navision or any other allocated software according to internal rules & traceability requirements:
o Production records as needed
o Inventory extractions and corrections
o Manage in relationship with Financial Department any code needs (RM, packaging, recipe, consumables, in process products, Finished Goods...) related to area of accountability.
• Manage Freight for Palletized and Siloed Raw Materials from 3PL Storage
QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY
• Guarantee and apply ISO 9001, FSS/ISO22000 (Food defense/security), ISO 14001 (environment), Mars Standards, and all related working procedures.
• Support the HACCP program in the department
• Follow GMP-GHP in the area
• Perform oPrP's procedure according to SOPs
• Report any pest activity to related Manager
• Manage in relation with NA Purchasing Department supervision Quality issues and act accordingly to maintain an optimal supply chain in term of Quality and Supply
• All PPE must be worn in compliance with the OHSA/RC requirements
• Enforce/Respect the safety rules and the internal policy
• Stop any equipment / operative works / external company works if safety/environment protection/fire protection rules are broken
• Other tasks as delegated by Manager
Context and Scope:
Collaborating internally with:
• On Site: Production Scheduler, Raw Material Receiving, Packaging Supply Coordiantor, Warehouse Coordinator, Shift Lead, QF&S, Grinding Coordinator, Regulatory Affairs
• Off Site: Commercial Supply Team, Regional VCO
• External: Raw Material Suppliers, Transportation Company's, Traxxside External Storage
This is critical role within the factory which has great influence on it's ability to perform at peak performance. In this role, the candidate must walk a fine line of being flexible enough with suppliers / logistic companies to be a desirable partner but firm enough to ensure the resources required are obtained in the right quantities and at the right time.
Statistical inventory modelling Is a key component to the success of this role along with strong Inventory management skills to enable high levels of Inventory accuracy. This role is highly collaborative Inside & outside the factory and Is highly visible In terms of our business relationships with our suppliers.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
• College/University degree in APICS CPIM designation, Supply Chain Management, and/or Bachelor of business Administration
• Will consider work experience if it is extensive and progressive with respect to increasing responsibility, with a minimum of 3 year's experience in JIT production planning, operations planning, and inventory management.
• Preferred experience in leading others.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, coaching and communication skills.
• Fully functional in Microsoft Office suite at an advanced level.
• Mobile, and capable of climbing ladders / stairs, capable of working at heights/on platforms, and capable of moderate lifting (55 Lbs).
• Position requires working approx 90% in an office environment and 10% in a non temp controlled warehouse environment
• Position will need to be available on an on call basis afterhours where appropriate for crisis management
• Previous experience in food / feed process industry preferred.
• Capable of communicating, persuading, managing cost, initiating work, engaging peers, motivating themselves, functioning within a team, complying to work standards, mechanically inclined, leadership skills.