Within the context of the vision, value and strategic operations of the organization, and under technical and administrative direction, performs professional work in the analytical, compliance and operational functions of the centralized procurement activities of the hospital. This work includes facilitating the procurement process, such as the issuance of RFXs, working in conjunction with Group Purchasing Organizations and Shared Services Organizations, negotiating contracts directly, coordinating the contract renewal process, reviewing available contracts and confirming with the end user whether any available options are exercised, as well as maintaining positive relationships with suppliers. This role also facilitates processes that enable the clinical care providers to have the appropriate supplies and equipment to support their clinical practices and provide safe, efficient cost-effective patient care.
- 3 year community college diploma in Business, Commerce, Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Supply Chain Management, preferred
- Successful or demonstrated progress towards one of the following: Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), or Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP)
- 3 to 5 years previous experience
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a procurement environment, preferably public procurement experience.
- Experience in dealing with Request for Proposals, Request for Tenders, Request for Quotations, Request for Information, Expression of Interests and Prequalification of Vendors
- Experience in healthcare related project planning is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the Broader Public Sector Procurement Directives.
- Skill in researching and preparing competitive contract documents (Request for Proposals, Request for Tenders, Request for Quotations, Request for Information, Expression of Interests and Prequalification of Vendors).
- Ability to work independently with large amounts of detailed analytical data with limited supervision.
- Ability to handle confidential information, tight time constraints, high level of accuracy and high volume of work.
- Ability to understand and communicate instructions, information and/or concepts, both verbally and in writing.
- Must work collaboratively with all cooperative purchasing initiatives.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Thorough knowledge of personal computers and common office software and productivity tools, including Purchasing Information Systems.
- Familiarity with e-tendering systems – e.g., Merx, Biddingo
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services in accordance with broader public sector purchasing requirements and regulations and hospital policies and procedures
- Provides technical expertise to departments in hospital with regards to procurement policies, procedures, best practices, options, etc. to ensure all procurement activities result in cost-effective, quality products and services and are in compliance with approved contracts
- Ensures that the procurement of products and services comply with trade agreements, treaties and supporting policies, protocols and standard operating procedures to achieve the goals of fair, open and transparent procurement opportunities.
- Coordinates the issuance of RFXs, including providing clients with advice and guidance in the preparation of specifications and evaluation criteria, managing inquiries from suppliers, releasing documents such as addenda, and upholding fairness in the procurement process.
- Reviewing and coordinating purchase requisitions and requests for new products in order to ensure compliance with policies and existing contracts
- Acts as a contract liaison between stakeholders (the ends user) and suppliers. Answers end user inquiries with respect to the product/item including pricing.
- Spend Analytics. Uses data analysis techniques to identify actionable savings opportunities and be leveraged to make the sourcing process more efficiency, timely and more cost effective. Gains insight into purchase transactions in order to make recommendations for improvements.
- Develops procurement strategies for products and services, through consultation with end users to achieve project objectives and support a multi-branch organization. Provides expertise on procurement options for clinical supplies, services and equipment (e.g., when to initiate a Request for Proposal vs. a Request for Tender, or any other procurement process).
- Provides input and implements procurement policy and procedures and monitors adherence of these procedures throughout the organization. Reviews and commits to applicable departmental and hospital policies and/or procedures at all times.
- Identifies and drives cost saving opportunities and measures performance. Ensures successful procurement of goods and services through effective sourcing agreements in terms of quality, delivery, cost and warranty.
- Reports on market conditions - e.g., cost of supplies, delivery times, new suppliers, substitutions in product, recalls, etc.
- Develops bid documents, bid forms, contract agreements, terms and conditions and award strategy, according to established procurement and hospital purchasing policies and procedures
- Advises if there are any existing contracts that can be utilized through any Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO's) or Shared Service Organizations (SSO's). Identifies and recommends which option is the best solution for SJHH.
- Initiates and secures contract renewals where optional contract terms are provided for in the original contract.
- Investigates New Product Requests from End Users to determine if product currently exists on contract and whether the Procurement Value of these products requires a competitive process.
HOURS OF WORK
Monday to Friday, days