Requisition ID: 80117
• Oversee and plan all aspects of purchasing from pre-bid to closeout.
• Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers, subcontractors and professional service providers.
• Negotiate commercial terms and conditions with equipment vendors, material vendors, professional service providers and subcontractors; consult with corporate attorneys and senior management to minimize project and corporate risk while maintaining commercial competitiveness.
• Monitor and oversee execution of the purchasing buy-out.
• Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying and/or estimating materials, equipment, subcontract and professional services.
• Oversee staff training.
• Liaison between Procurement and Construction/Engineering.
• Locate and assist in the evaluation and qualification of vendor materials and equipment, subcontractors, and professional service providers.
• Process requisitions and prepare purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
• Assist in the development and implementation of procurement and contract management instructions, policies and procedures.
• Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
• Provide feedback to assist in analyzing market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
• Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims.
• Review purchase order or subcontractor claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Oversee administration of online purchasing systems.
• Communicate and enforce purchasing policies & procedures to project team.
• Provide training to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
• Responsible for projections, financial planning, expediting, delivery schedules and project purchasing reporting.
• Oversee the development and review of all procurement analytics, reporting and deliverables.
• Long-term relocation and short-term field assignments will be required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) with general knowledge of database utilization. SAP experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business, engineering, supply chain management, or equivalent degree and/or a minimum of five years’ experience in engineering and/or construction or equivalent work/field/military experience.
• Knowledge of equipment and materials common in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects
• Detail-oriented, flexible and highly motivated with a strong work ethic and professional demeanor
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to also work independently to meet fixed deadlines, goals and objectives.
• Strong leadership and people management skills
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices withoutdiscrimination,and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment:Engineer, ERP, Procurement, Manager, Database, Engineering, Technology, Operations, Management