Calgary Co-op's businesses include a wide variety of departments ranging from Food, Petroleum, Wine Spirits and Beer, Pharmacy, and Home Health Care. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities for all ages in several locations in and around the Calgary, Airdire, Strathmore, Cochrane, and High River areas. So, wherever you live and whatever your skills, we'd love to have you join our co-operative team, and become part of a company whose roots run deep into the heart of the communities we serve.
We're currently seeking Overnight Clerks to join our Produce team! This position reports directly to the Produce Supervisor and Produce Manager, and some of the main responsibilities include;
- Provide customer service and maintain positive customer relations through the proper handling of customer questions, comments, requests and complaints.
- Effectively works in a diverse team environment in a proficient and friendly manner.
- Perform all aspects of the Produce Utility Clerk function including but not limited to culling, stocking, displays and facing in an efficient and organized manner. Ensures display presentation and stock levels are maintained.
- Handles merchandise ensuring quality, minimizing damages and markdowns. Provides substitutions and ensures price integrity including price changes.
- Performs general clean-up duties such as cleaning spills and display fixtures to ensure a neat and organized department.Responsible for keeping the sales floor and back stock area are clean from cardboard and debris, as well as disposal of garbage.
What skills and abilities will you need to be considered?
- Grade 9 or acceptable combination of education and experience
- Related retail experience, including the provision of customer service
- Must be fluent in English (CLBA - Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment score of 5 or higher)
- Must be available for overnight shifts
What skills and abilities will set you apart from others?
- Receiving, counter set-up and product knowledge/experience
- Knowledge of ordering merchandise and supplies, and related procedures
Benefits & Perks
Calgary Co-op has excellent opportunities for increasing levels of responsibility, personal growth and challenge. We offer competitive wages, paid vacations, employee discounts, a recognition program, social committee events, employee and family assistance plan, and a scholarship program. As well as numerous training and development programs.
We believe that if we take care of our team members, our team members will take care of our business.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Flexible Schedules
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Events
- Merchandise Discounts