As a Producer within our Halifax Studio, you will play a major role in the creation of our teams next adventure! Working within the Production Group, you will be responsible for the efficient management of our Development Team to ensure deadlines are achieved and work quality fits Ubisoft standards. The incumbent will oversee the advancement of the work and the attainment of production objectives as well as ensuring high levels of motivation and commitment from team members across a wide range of disciplines (Art, Design, Programming, etc.). Additionally, you will work closely with HQ through providing clear guidelines and 'key success factors' at all stages of development rangingfrom conception to launch while reporting directly to our Production Director.
Under the supervision of the Production Director, and with the support of an editorial team, your tasks will be:
- Supervise production (from conception to post-launch) on a growing portfolio of mobile games developed by Ubisoft, ranging from new concepts to existing IP's
- Contribute to improving the quality of our games, productivity of our teams and the efficiency of our processes.
- Make recommendations on improving our development process, game content, business model, and the purchasing of licenses/partnership opportunities where applicable.
- Mentor and encourage the development of Junior production staff through consistent oversight and feedback.
- Prioritize competing deadlines while structuring the team to support these initiatives.
- Frequently document and monitor developments within task management tools (Jira).
- Be personable and communicate well across all levels of the Development and Management Teams - both within studio and with external partners.
- Organize and prioritize the Jira backlog for the project and own the delivery of those tasks based on communications from the Production Director.
- Responsible for planning and delivering on sprints and accountable for their success/failures.
- Familiarize yourself with the overall operations of Ubisoft Mobile - in particular the requirements at given gates/milestones.
- Play mobile games on a regular basis to identify upcoming trends in the Free-to-Play market and identify ways these trends could influence our future product choices.
- A minimum 5 years experience in the video game industry, ideally in production of mobile games.
- Excellent knowledge of production, difficulties generally encountered by the teams and solutions tailored to their requirements.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide consistent guidance on different areas: art, game design, organization, business.
- An ability to simultaneously manage various innovative projects, with technology trends, editorial feedback and varied commercial opportunities.
- A constant concern of consumer expectations, usage of products, and business initiatives.
- Highly competent in project management skills, time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, all while maintaining a positive outlook.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences on a broad range of topics, e.g. technical, business and creative (spoken and written).
- A genuine interest in games, especially Free-to-Playmobile gaming.
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Jira, and Confluence.
What can we offer you?
Competitive salary scale
Additional paid time off over the Christmas/New Year Holidays
Affordable Gym membership
Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
Flexible Work Hours and a healthy work/life balance
Summer months bring Summer Fridays
Work alongside an international and diverse team
Ubisoft Halifax is the newest Ubisoft Studio to take on the growing Mobile Game Market. As Ubisoft's first exclusively Mobile studio, our focus surrounds itself on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IPs. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Halifax is to Canada, what Boston is to the States; a founding City full of forts, historic buildings and award winning modern architecture. Being a city with three Universitys, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types; unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We are located in the Heart of the City in the historic and iconic KeithsBrewery Market overlooking the waterfront. Come summer we work a little more each day so we can take Friday afternoon's off, allowing us to soak up the sun as we stroll the boardwalk and have a beer at one of the many cafes lining the iconic HalifaxHarbour. We strive to make sure our employees have a good life and work balance, and are able to enjoy everything this province has to offer.
Cover letter including salary expectations
Current CV / Resume Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume of inquiries, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.