As a Product Analyst Intern (Remote), you will work virtually alongside the rest of our team at our Chicago and Ontario locations. The Product Analyst will work with various areas within the Boro Product team to update existing and develop new products. The intern will have the opportunity to collaborate across teams in order to meet company objectives.
- Work with the Product Team and key stakeholders to define requirements, scope, and timelines for updating existing products and building new products.
- Work closely with the design team to align UX decisions with higher-level business goals.
- Facilitate changes to product portfolio to improve competitive position and optimal product performance.
- Identify product marketing ideas and opportunities based on industry trends, current market environment, and competitive trends.
- Coordinate with Product Managers and key stakeholders to create business and pricing plans that contribute to profit and growth.
- Assist in the deployment of new products. Work with the Product Design team to understand product feasibility and limitations.
- Work with the quality assurance team to ensure that the delivered system is properly tested and meets the product requirements.
What we are looking for
- Current college students pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at an accredited institution.
- A deep understanding of Gen-Z campus culture, with knowledge of personal finance and willingness to learn.
- Ability to think creatively and think on your feet.
- Exceptional communication skills including working on a team and the ability to write.
- Ambition and willingness to jump right into opportunities.
- Team player mentality.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience with data analysis skills is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/ Google Drive applications.
- Ready to apply critical thinking and analytical skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate ideas with a wide variety of teams, including design, marketing, operations, and analytics.
- Able to work approximately 40-hours per week virtually.
- Must have access to work remotely, including a laptop and access to the internet.
What will you get
- Boro gear (hoodies, shirts, water bottles, you name it!).
- Opportunity to continue your experience throughout the academic year.
- Team hangouts, including summer social outings with the Boro Team.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing organization and contribute to its development.
- Lifelong connections and exposure to the fintech field.
Headquartered in Chicago, Boro is the first consumer financing company focusing on the Gen-Z college students. Here at Boro, you will have the opportunity to work with talented fintech enthusiasts to revolutionize the status quo of college student credit life. We use our proprietary Non-FICO underwriting system to provide convenient financing solutions to the underserved college students. We care about our customers’ future and believe that we can make a difference in advancing their financial well-being. We are a non-hierarchical team with a strong focus on execution and delivery. Being part of an exponentially growing company, you will get exposure to all aspects of our business and generate impact proportionally to your ability. We are dedicated to becoming the one-stop financing platform for the underbanked and welcome all talents who share our dream of disrupting the traditional lending market with innovation.
Boro just raised a fresh round of Series A funding and is looking to expand rapidly to college campuses across the nation. We need your excitement and enthusiasm to help grow our brand.
How do we do it?
Boro creates fair, simple, and smart financial products for college students that help along 3 core pillars:
Thrive: Boro allows students to get the most out of their college experience by having access to stress-free financing.
Grow: Boro helps students grow more confident in their finances through education, resources, and credit-building products.
Protect: Boro protects students from a system that doesn’t work for them through innovative technology that gives them better financing options and helps them plan for the future.
- Focus on the few things that matter. Less is more.
- Grow and help grow. Work outside of your comfort zone.
- Be transparent and do the right thing. Trust is key when building relationships with our customers.
- Rebel with a purpose. Questioning assumptions is necessary.
- Be youthful. Actively listen and understand our college student audience.
- Achieve simplicity through expertise. Distill expertise into easy-to-understand products.