Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a highly-motivated Product Applications Scientist I to join our exciting mass cytometry team based in Markham, ON. This individual will be a critical contributor to proteomics applications projects as an expert in imaging mass cytometry.
- Develop an extensive and advanced understanding of the imaging mass cytometry platform.
- Design and/or conduct experiments that define the imaging mass cytometry platform for product development, marketing and training purposes.
- Participate in the creation and review of technical and/or application materials (user manuals, application notes, white papers, and presentations).
- Develop and deliver innovative training programs for our field support teams and customers utilizing the Fluidigm Learning Management System.
- Provide advanced customer applications support, including troubleshooting issues related to user technical skill, instrument operation, experimental design, and data analysis, for the imaging mass cytometry platform.
- A PhD in life sciences with experience in molecular biology, immunology, pathology, bioinformatics, cancer research and/or stem cell biology.
- Hands on experience and expertise in pathology, microscopy, immunoassay and tissue staining techniques is required. Flow or mass cytometry experience is an asset.
- Experience in image segmentation and single cell analysis.
- Skilled in troubleshooting software, instrumentation, and applications related to microscopy.
- High level bioinformatics skills are desirable
- The ability to travel at least 30% of the time.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and technical writing ability.
- Independent thinker with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative attitude within and outside own discipline.
- Commitment to customer experience and service.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.