Chandco Manufacturing Inc. is a custom and contract manufacturer providing services to a wide range of industries. Our advanced and diverse capabilities in design, engineering, and flexibility in manufacturing enables us to quickly adapt and deliver on customer requirements and specifications.
Chandco Manufacturing Inc. is looking for a Product Designer, who will play a major role in product development process.
As a Product Designer you will be held responsible and accountable for designing Paint/Coating mask, Part Nests, Jigs, fixtures, metallizing Reels, Part racks and related products for Coating of Plastic and Metal Automotive Parts. Ensure designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications. Resolve technical feasibility, design optimization and production issues. Facilitate implementing policies and procedures relating to business operation. While performing the duties you will ensure compliance to Company Policies and Procedures.
- Collaborate with the product team and engineers on outlining user flows and prototyping initial product wireframes
- Rapidly produce multiple design concepts, knowing when to produce low fidelity sketches, prototypes, or pixel perfect mockups
- Validate your designs through user research, usability testing, and experimentation
- Conduct research into cost, materials and methods of production
- Align every feature and enhancement with the product & design vision
- Facilitating user testing, synthesize results, and translate these insights into actionable changes to the product
- Communicate with engineers and production staffs during the developing and manufacturing stage.
- Participate in weekly design reviews with the product design team
- Analyze the user preferences and intended use of product
- Build forward-thinking design patterns included as part of a unified design system
- Consult with client, engineers or production specialists to establish product requirements
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, specifications and guidelines for production and construct prototype of design
- Prepare design concepts, sketches or models for approval
- Analyze the intended use of products and user preferences
- Bachelor ‘s degree in industrial design, architecture, engineering is required.
- 5+ years of automobile product design experience with 3+ years in a senior role.
- Fluent in translating stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into simple UIs.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating simple and elegant solutions to complex design problems
- Master communication skills, and the ability to deliver compelling design rationales in both client and internal contexts.
- Organized, self-motivated, and always looking to learning more.
- Can work closely with product team, engineers, and the rest of the team to create amazing experiences for customers
Business Equipment and Computer Applications: Auto-CAD; Solid-Works software
Additional Skills: Read and interpret blueprints, Computer-aided design (CAD)
Area of Specialization: Industrial products
554 Admiral Drive
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time-Off
- Vision Care
- 8 hour shift
- Senior Designer: 3 years (preferred)
- Product Design: 5 years (required)
- Mechanical Design: 5 years (required)
- Full-Time, Permanent
Bonuses & Health Benefits