About the Job:
The Samasource Product Team is building tools at the intersection of humans and AI/ML technology, enabling our teams to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. We're looking for an enthusiastic, idealistic Product Manager who loves to create innovative, intuitive, and efficient tools to distill product features that have a business impact!
You’ll be working collaboratively with our global team and workforce of over 3,000 data specialists - a large number of whom are located in East Africa - to combine the proper combination of software applications, data collection and reporting, and business process reengineering. We're playing in a huge space with lots of technical complexities. We’d like a candidate that will blend impeccable attention to detail with an intuitive sense for product. If you know when to build vs buy, love to integrate complex systems, can listen to users, summarize their needs in user stories, and can align stakeholders from diverse parts of the business, we need your help to re-imagine work!
- Develop product requirements for future Agent capabilities
- Manage expectations at all levels including senior leadership
- Own the roadmap for development with your engineering counterparts including producing ROI tradeoffs
- Own core KPIs for Samasource
- Take ownership of algorithms developed by our ML team and Productize them
- Manage relationships with internal teams for early adoption, testing, and production
- Develop metrics and tracking framework to measure feature adoption and impact
- Maintain relevant technical product documentation
- Advocate Sama technology externally
- Collaborate with Marketing for the Goto Market for new Agent products
- Collaborate with VP of Product on cross-functional strategic initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or technical skills learned on the job
- 3+ years of product management or similar experience
- Shipped a successful product in the last 2 years
- Willingness for occasional travel to delivery centers to facilitate workshops and work directly with delivery center agents and leadership
- Prior experience working in a startup environment
- Be self-driven
- Great sense of humor
- Previously worked on relevant consumer or B2B user technologies
- Proven track record of repeatedly shipping successful products
- History of working effectively with remote teams across time zones
- Strong interest and history of doing work that makes a difference
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Samasource to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Samasource fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video, and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
- Featured in Forbes: How Ethical Is Your AI?
- Samasource Honored on Inc. Magazine’s Annual List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies — the Inc. 5000
Samasource is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Samasource culture. Our core values are grit, integrity, humanity, and GTD (Get Things Done).
Samasource offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Samasource, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.