Profession: Product Management
Work Location: Americas-Canada-Montreal
Welcome to SITA... We lead one of the most exciting and advanced industrieson earth. Around the world, nearly everypassenger flight relies on SITA technology, almost every airport and airlinedoes business with us, and it’s our job to support their operations. As theworld's leading air transport IT and communications specialist, we’re committedto meeting the demands of the air transport industry around the clock, everyday.
Our Vision: Easy air travel every step of theway
WHYSHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?
With us there are nolimits for people looking to explore the edges of possibility and beyond. Together, we Go.Far.
Challenge: Our people take on some of the biggest challenges inour industry. They aren't afraid to think bigger, work harder anddeliver smarter solutions that are continuously transforming air travel.
Opportunity: Taking on thesechallenges opens up a world of opportunities for our people. We make sure theyhave the chance to develop their skills, explore new horizons and grow theircareers on a global scale.
Benefits in the Canada
· Competitivemedical, dental, and vision plans
· RRSPs withcompany matching contributions
· Life anddisability insurance
· Incentive basedwellness program
· Stand by BuddyPass Travel
Notethat these benefits can change and some of these benefits have ‘conditions’ andmay not apply to all employees
SITAONAIRis the leading provider of Cockpit Communication services and Flight Operationssolution to Airlines worldwide.
AtSITAONAIR, we believe that embracing a digital shift will reinvent theoperation of aircraft, flight and on-board experience – making it safer, moreefficient and enjoyable. AtSITAONAIR, we deliver to our customers the promises of the connected aircraft,and power innovation with recognized expertise and future-proof solutions. Withthe advent of IP in the cockpit and the introduction of new generationaircrafts, SITAONAIR is constantly investing into its product and serviceportfolio.
Weare looking for a product manager that possesses the right balance oftechnology and business savviness. In this position, you will manage theAIRCOM® FlightMessenger assuring that long term strategic, financial andcustomer satisfaction objectives are achieved. AIRCOM® FlightMessenger is a leading productin managing the air to ground communication for commercial aviation with over 150customers worldwide. If you are passionate about aviation, innovation,market analysis, product development and marketing then this is the right jobfor you!
ProductInnovation/Definition and Life Cycle Management
· Through continuouscustomer and industry engagement define product vision and strategy
· Prioritize newproduct features and creation of a product road map including gaining ofstakeholders buy-in
· Assure that thereis a clear product definition including definition of all related services
· Proactively worktogether with other teams to assure that all aspects of the product areproperly industrialized
·Manage completeproduct life cycle from inception to retiring
·Continuouslyanalyze the market to timely identify market opportunities and threats
·Manage currentproduct partners and seek opportunities to enhance or extend partnerships thatwill add value to the product
·Proactively lookfor synergies and integration opportunities with other SITAONAIR and SITA Groupproducts
· Establish andimplement an effective channel 'go to market' strategy for the products, toinclude an agreed and executed sales and marketing plan
· Responsible forall product marketing activities during the lifetime of the product includingthe implementation of the product launch plan, promotional and collateralsupport plan and sales support/infrastructure plan to drive the successfulacquisition and retention of customers
· Develop anddocument product value proposition and unique selling points
· Support Salesforces with a clear product value proposition and training
· Support bidmanagement processes and pre-sales customer interactions
· Define a pricingstrategy for the product(s) in the marketplace to achieve desired salesvolumes/optimized profit
·Ensure that keyplayers understand the pricing strategy and apply it
· Own andcontinuously monitor product profitability
· Creation of newand updating of existing product business cases
· Develop andmaintain product dashboard that displays measurement of product financial,customer satisfaction and business objectives
·Hold regularproduct & market optimization reviews with Leadership team that focus onmaking recommendations in how to drive improved performance of the product froma commercial and where relevant, technical perspective
· 4 to 8 yearsrelevant business experience in a high-tech, global company
· Minimum of 5years’ experience as Product Manager with a track record of delivering resultsin a global business environment and within a technology solutions-basedbusiness.
·Experience incommercial airline business environment, or telecoms
·Experience inmanaging products with DAAS, IAAS and SAAS cloud business models
·Good knowledge ofProduct Management, Stage Gate or other product development methodology
·Familiarity withSITAONAIR Portfolio and prior experience or knowledge of airline operations isbeneficial
·Innovation Skillsand a track record in defining market requirements and functionalspecifications
·Understanding ofthe latest trends and innovations within the airline/airport industry andrelevant technology areas
·Capability ofleading and influencing virtual teams focused on delivery and support within aninternational environment
· Product/Solution Knowledge
· Service Management Process
· Technical Communication
·Bachelor Degreelevel or equivalent in a technical, business or marketing discipline essential,Master degree is a plus
SITA is an Employment Equity Employerand values a diverse workforce. In support of our Employment Equity Program,women, Aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons withdisabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the applicationprocess.#LI-SITA-JG2