While our corporate roots tract back to technology that was used by NASA in the Apollo space missions, Survalent’s 50+ year history has been dedicated to service in the utility industry. Our success has been fueled by exceeding the expectations of the customers we serve; innovation, improvement, and commitment are at the heart of everything we do.
We have an impressive list of highly satisfied customers ranging from small to large electric, gas, water/wastewater and transit utilities across the globe. This diversity gives us a broad perspective and a tremendous base of experience. Over 600 utilities in 30 countries rely on the SurvalentONE platform to effectively operate, monitor, analyze, restore, and optimize operations. By supporting critical utility operations with a fully integrated solution, our customers have significantly improved operational efficiencies, customer satisfaction, and network reliability.
Many of our customers have expanded beyond their initial Survalent SCADA investment to include our outage and distribution management solutions, resulting in over 800 successful implementations. And since 1983 – when we first began tracking this information – our customer retention rate has been 98.6%.
We are currently looking to add a Product Manager to our growing organization. The Product Manager is responsible for developing and driving product strategy to deliver detailed business requirements. The role involves assisting in the build of product roadmaps, defining the product development schedule from design to release.
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in a product engineering or application engineering
- Prior experience in the Electrical industry – utility / OEM
- Prior experience with SCADA, OMS, DMS and related utility software applications will be an advantage.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills, effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively in English – both written and spoken.
- Self-motivated, proactive with a strong work ethic and the ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Be a good team player
- Strong planning, organization skills
The position will also be required to:
- Acquire a thorough understanding of our product technology, applications and offering to effectively meet specific customer needs.
- Assess product development and enhancement opportunities through Market Requirement Document (MRD) and Product Requirement Document (PRD).
- Work with the product marketing and sales organization to provide product technical specifications with the objective of creating a proprietary position.
- Prepare products information for marketing collateral, promotional campaign, and sales play
- Work with our development teams and technology partners to implement new product functionality, enhance and extend existing product functionality, analyze and resolve product related issues.
- Participate/lead product evaluation pilot and testing activities
- Evaluate customer specification and make optimal product recommendations. If no product is internally available that meets customer requirements, recommend alternate strategies.
- Conduct market analysis, bench mark competition and recommend product strategies optimized for rapid revenue growth. Understand market trends and provide internal updates.
- Prepare the required documentation for product presentation marketing, promotion, and training
- Conduct product demonstration and training to internal and external customers
- Effectively collaborate across organizational boundaries to achieve desired goals
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending industry conferences, educational workshops, and reviewing professional publications
- Other duties as needed.
This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. We offer a very competitive compensation package which includes excellent benefits and a profit sharing plan. We have a casual friendly and highly collaborate environment.If you are interested in joining a growing organization in this exciting role, please apply with a resume and cover letter. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants,only those most qualified will be contacted.
Survalent Technology Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs