We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Product team in Burnaby!
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Product at Clio
Clio’s mission is to ‘transform the practice of law, for good.’ If you’re into mission-driven product management this might be the place for you!
Our market opportunity is rare in its scale and powered by a strong business model, Silicon Valley based investors and advisors and a product management team which is global and world-class (if we do say so ourselves)! Clio is growing rapidly with massive growth opportunities for Product Managers.
We’ve worked hard to develop an excellent product management culture with empowered PMs who are highly regarded and influential within the organization. Our team is composed of seasoned professionals from a diverse set of product backgrounds. Clio invests heavily in developing Product Managers, both in growing leaders and in the broader Product communities in which we operate.
We pride ourselves on being ‘human and high performing’ and creating a workplace where you can be challenged, supported and bring your whole self to work.
We’re seeking aProduct Managerto join our flagship Clio Manage product. Owning a particular piece of this portfolio, you will work closely with your Developer and Designer counterparts (your triad) to own and drive successful outcomes in your product area.
Who you are:
- You are the expert at your product scope at Clio. You have the ability to put yourself in our customers’ shoes and operate from a genuine place of empathy
- You have experience using both qualitative and quantitative data from multiple channels to inform decisions without succumbing to analysis paralysis
- You identify opportunities to use specific types of research to fill up gaps in your understanding
- You break down strategic objectives into initiatives that can be scoped, planned and executed on. You select the metrics to measure the success of these initiatives
- You mitigate risk of the initiatives by balancing scope, timeline and resources and escalate when needed
- Together with your triad, you are constantly improving the health of the squad
- You collaborate with other product managers to achieve shared goals
- You thrive working in a highly collaborative team environment without ego
- You have the ability to thrive and deliver while surrounded by chaos and ambiguity
- You have the enthusiasm to learn a new, complex domain and the humility to ask for help when needed
What you should have:
- 2+ years as a Product Manager
- A portfolio of successes (and failures) to show. Experience not just shipping products but launching and iterating on solutions to customer problems
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in close collaboration with development and design teams
- Humility plus strong opinions that are loosely held
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the year
You may have:
- A university degree
- Experience giving back to the PM community
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience building products for a B2C or SMB B2B market
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the legal industry
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.