Reporting directly to the Sr. Manager of Product Management, as a Clinical Product Manager you are responsible for product/market fit: to understand the Pharmacy & Health Benefit Management market and to work with a cross-disciplinary team to build innovative clinical products and solutions that are targeted at improving plan member health outcomes and managing drug costs whilst optimizing drug plan effectiveness.
- Provide strategic direction and clinical expertise to guide development of new clinical drug products geared for the Pharmacy Benefit Management industry
- Work collaboratively with ESC Clinical Pharmacy Operations team, other internal business units and insurance carriers to determine what pharmacy clinical products or enhancements are required to address new business needs, improvements or challenges, with a focus on improving plan member health outcomes and managing drug plan effectiveness
- Work closely with ESC Clinical Pharmacy Operations team on the operationalization and business readiness of new clinical products
- Maintain a product backlog for designated product line(s)
- Own and develop the clinical product roadmap
- Provide insight and support the strategic direction of the ESC Pharmacy and /or ESC PBM-HBM Adjudication products.
- Participate in industry groups related to pharmacy and health benefits and understand strategy and direction.
- Monitor federal and provincial regulatory bodies for legislative changes that may impact respective product lines. Provide insight into potential business and client impacts of such legislative changes.
- Support functional areas, in the maintenance and enhancement of existing products
- Provide business and product knowledge to support Sales and the Account Management team with new business development opportunities
- Support and/or lead creation of business cases for new products or enhancements
- Understand the budget and forecast for designated product line(s). Work in tandem with Program office to report on the financials and track estimates to actuals across each product increment.
- Work with marketing teams on Go-to-Market plans and product launch of new products
- Knowledge of the Pharmacy or Group Health Insurance (pharmacy, dental, other health) industry or adjudication systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy; license to practice pharmacy in a province of Canada
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ product management experience
- Good understanding of the Product Life Cycle
- Knowledge of the private/public reimbursement or managed care experience would be considered an asset
- Strong organizational and communication skills; written and verbal
- Ability to drive consensus between stakeholders with competing views/requirements
- Demonstrates strong ability to work on multiple initiatives and prioritize work accordingly
- Effective facilitation and presentation skills, with ability to present at all levels of the organization and Line of Business (LOB) Executives;
- Must have effective influencing skills to impact decisions
- Creative thinker and self-starter
- Strong customer service focus through adaptability, flexibility and a commitment to quality
- Nice to have: Product Management certification, Agile Scrum Product Owner training, or PMP
- Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- JIRA – an asset
- Confluence – an asset
- Microsoft Project – an asset
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.