Product Manager, FANS – PreFANS Datalink, SITAONAIR - 26217
Profession: Product Management
Work Location: Americas-Canada-Montreal
Other Locations: Americas-Canada-Montreal, Europe-France-Paris, Americas-United States-Atlanta, Europe-United Kingdom-London
PURPOSESITAONAIR is the leading Communication Service Provider to Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) organizations worldwide, delivering datalink networks, services and turnkey solutions aiming at improving air/ground ATC communication safety and efficiency.
In this Product Management role, he/she will lead SITAONAIR FANS / PreFANS datalink services Product Management in line with SITAONAIR ATC strategic plan and Product Management processes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES- Analyse and understand ATC communication market trends and evolutions, as well as competitive landscape and ANSP customers’ needs.
- Drive FANS / PreFANS datalink portfolio evolutions as part of overall SITAONAIR ATC Strategy, Portfolio and Marketing roadmap
- Progress SITAONAIR FANS / PreFANS datalink evolution initiatives, in line with SITAONAIR strategic plan.
- Lead and direct SITAONAIR FANS / PreFANS datalink innovation related activities, as well as SITAONAIR’s involvement in regional ATM innovation programs.
- Manage SITAONAIR FANS / PreFANS datalink portfolio evolution process. This will include:
- Operational marketing tasks during lifecycle of the product
- Qualify customer specific requirements and manage product change request
- Prepare functional requirements
- Undertake market analysis to support Product Managers in the competitive pricing of the portfolio in the marketplace to achieve desired sales volumes/optimized profit
- Support all steps of product creation process
- Support bid management processes and pre-sales customer interactions
- Support internal sales team and other channels to market Product/Portfolio Innovation/Definition
- Manage the build/launch process to ensure delivery of the right product to market, within the agreed timescales
- Contribute to cross functional teams that ensure the timely/cost effective and quality delivery of product developments and product performance
- Support and monitor partnerships and supplier relationships
- Contribute to the product road map throughout the life cycle from conception to retirement
- Contribute to product marketing activities during the lifetime of the product including the product launch, promotional and collateral support and sales support: Production of written content (product specification, sales material, PR material)
EDUCATIONBachelor Degree level or equivalent in a technical business or marketing discipline essential Master degree a plus.
EXPERIENCE- 5 or more years of experience in the ATC Industry as a systems/equipment supplier or air navigation services provider.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS- SITA and SITAONAIR portfolio knowledge
- Knowledge of the ATC & ATI industries and economic drivers
- Innovation Skills and a track record in defining market requirements and functional specifications
- Good knowledge of Product Management, Stage Gate or other product development methodology
- Understanding of the latest trends and innovations within the air traffic control industry and relevant technology areas
- A track record of delivering results in Product Management in a global business environment and within a technology solutions based business
- Capability of leading and influencing virtual teams focused on delivery and support within an international environment
- Good knowledge of the ICAO defined CNS/ATM system, as well as datalink applications (FANS, PreFANS, ADS-C, CPDLC) and technologies (ACARS, VDL Mode 2, SATCOM and ATN)
- Good understanding of global ATM innovation processes and programs (SESAR, NexGen, CARATS, etc …)
- Good understanding of ICAO Aviation System Block Upgrade (ASBU) and Global Air Navigation Plan (GANP)
- Knowledge/appreciation of datalink avionics
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and as an active team player
- Ability to work as an integrated member of a global team
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Fluency in other local languages would be a distinct advantage