Profession: Product Management
Work Location: Americas-Canada-Montreal
SITAONAIR is the leading provider of Cockpit Communication services and Flight Operations solution to Airlines worldwide.
At SITAONAIR, we believe that embracing a digital shift will reinvent the operation of aircraft, flight and on-board experience – making it safer, more efficient and enjoyable.
At SITAONAIR, we deliver to our customers the promises of the connected aircraft, and power innovation with recognized expertise and future-proof solutions.
With the advent of IP in the cockpit and the introduction of new generation aircrafts, SITAONAIR is constantly investing into its product and service portfolio.
We are looking for a product manager that possesses the right balance of technology and business savviness. In this position, you will manage and develop products within our Flight Operations Application product portfolio assuring that strategic, financial and customer satisfaction objectives for the given products are achieved. If you are passionate about aviation, innovation, market analysis, requirements definition and product marketing then this the right job for you!
Product Innovation/Definition and Life Cycle Management
· Define product vision and strategy including short-, medium- and long-term road maps
· Assure that there is a clear product definition including all related services
· Together with the team define functional and non-functional product requirements
· Manage complete product life cycle from inception to retiring
· Continuously analyse the market to timely identify market opportunities and threats
· Stay on top of customer needs and requests thorough collaboration with customers and customer facing teams
· Prioritize new product features and creation of a product road map including gaining of stakeholders buy-in and Leadership team approval
· Manage current product partners and seek opportunities to enhance or extend partnerships that will add value to the product
· Proactively look for synergies and integration opportunities with other SITAONAIR products
· Responsible for all product marketing activities during the lifetime of the product including the implementation of the product launch plan, promotional and collateral support plan and sales support/infrastructure plan to drive the successful acquisition and retention of customers
· Develop and document product value proposition and unique selling points
· Support Sales forces with a clear product value proposition and training
· Support bid management processes and pre-sales customer interactions
Product Pricing Strategy
· Define a pricing strategy for the product(s) in the marketplace to achieve desired sales volumes/optimized profit
· Ensure that key players understand the pricing strategy and apply it
· Own and continuously monitor product profitability
· Monitor and manage the cost structure related to the product
· Creation of new and updating of existing product business cases including gaining Leadership team approval
· Develop and maintain product dashboard that displays measurement of product financial, customer satisfaction and business objectives
· Hold regular product & market optimization reviews with Leadership team that focus on making recommendations in how to drive improved performance of the product from a commercial and where relevant, technical perspective
· 4 to 8 years relevant business experience in a high-tech, global company
Education & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree level or equivalent in a technical, business or marketing discipline essential, Master’s degree is a plus
Knowledge & Skills
· Knowledge of the IT & ATI industries and economic drivers
· Knowledge of flight operations related products would be a great advantage
· Innovation Skills and a track record in defining market requirements and functional specifications
· Good knowledge of Product Management, Stage Gate or other product development methodology
· Understanding of the latest trends and innovations within the airline/airport industry and relevant technology areas
· A track record of delivering results in Product Management in a global business environment and within a technology solutions-based business.
· Capability of leading and influencing virtual teams focused on delivery and support within an international environment
Why Should You Be Interested?
· Learning Opportunity – this is a challenging role which will grow your capability
· Career Development – we hire about 30% of our roles internally
· International Environment – we have a very international employee base and we are located in over 130 countries