Profession: Product Management
Work Location: Americas-Canada-MONTREAL
Other Locations: Europe-United Kingdom-London
SITA FOR AIRCRAFT is the leading provider of CockpitCommunication services and Flight Operations solution to Airlines worldwide.
At SITA FOR AIRCRAFT, we believe that embracing a digitalshift will reinvent the operation of aircraft, flight and on-board experience –making it safer, more efficient and enjoyable. At SITA FOR AIRCRAFT, we deliverto our customers the promises of the connected aircraft, and power innovationwith recognized expertise and future-proof solutions. With the advent of IP inthe cockpit and the introduction of new generation aircrafts, SITA FOR AIRCRAFTis constantly investing into its product and service portfolio to deliver thenext generations of messaging and communications apps and help the airlines todeliver the digital transformation needed to bring about optimized, newgeneration flight operations.
We are looking for a product manager that possesses theright balance of technology and business savviness. In this position, you will leadthe development and manage the AIRCOM® FlightMessenger product assuring thatlong term strategic, financial and customer satisfaction objectives areachieved. AIRCOM® FlightMessenger is a leading product in managing the airto ground communication for commercial aviation with over 150 customersworldwide. If you are passionate about aviation, product development andmarketing as well as enjoy customer interactions with customers, then this isthe right job for you!
Product Innovation/Definition and Life Cycle Management
·Be theinternal expert of AIRCOM® FlightMessenger covering all the different aspectsof your product e.g. technical, commercial, operational and ensure an optimalend to end experience for your AIRCOM® FlightMessenger customers.
· . Manageproduct P&L and complete product life cycle from inception to retiring
· . Continuouslyanalyze the market to timely identify market opportunities and threats
· . Throughcontinuous customer and industry engagement define product vision and strategy
· . Lead the end-to-enddelivery of new product releases: conduct market research and customerinterviews; determine feature value proposition and UX, main requirements anduse cases, pricing, and go to market plans for new features introduction
· . Prioritizenew product features and create a product road map including gaining stakeholdersbuy-in
· . Work closelywith the development team to drive product development and engage with thecross-functional team to coordinate the delivery, ongoing management of yourproduct and ensure your product is properly industrialized.
·Represent thecompany at all times and with virtually any audience to explain thecustomer-led benefits of the product
· . Establish andcontinuously adopt an effective 'go to market' strategy incl. pricing strategy
· . Drive salesfor your product but arming your Sales forces with a clear product valueproposition and training and marketing material
· . Support bidmanagement processes and pre-sales customer interactions
· . Own andcontinuously monitor product profitability, business case realization andoverall impact
· . Hold regularproduct & market optimization reviews with Leadership team that focus onmaking recommendations in how to drive improved performance of the product froma commercial and where relevant, technical perspective
4 to 8 years relevant business experience in a high-tech global company
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
·Minimumof 5 years’ experience as Product Manager with a track record of deliveringresults in a global environment and within a technology driven business.
·Experiencein managing products with DAAS, IAAS and SAAS cloud business models.
·Experiencein managing products with messaging and collaboration as value propositions
·Goodknowledge of Product Management, Stage Gate or other product developmentmethodology
·Familiaritywith SITA FOR AIRCRAFT Portfolio and prior experience or knowledge of airlineoperations is beneficial
·Understandingof the latest trends and innovations within the airline/airport industry andrelevant technology areas
·Capabilityof leading and influencing virtual teams focused on delivery and support withinan international environment
·Collaborativeapproach to work, willingness to learn and to drive change
EDUCATION & QUALIFACTIONS
Bachelor Degree level or equivalent in a technical business or marketing discipline essential Master degree a plus.
SITA is an EmploymentEquity Employer and values a diverse workforce. In support of our EmploymentEquity Program, women, Aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/orpersons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the applicationprocess