“The Product Manager often analyzes market and competitive conditions and lays out a product vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value based on customer demands. The role of the product manager spans many activities from strategic to tactical and at its best provides cross-functional leadership—bridging gaps within the company between different functions, most notably between engineering-oriented teams, sales and marketing, and support.”
This definition of a Product Manager, provided by website Aha!, pretty closely describes the amazing opportunities we have at Dealer-FX. That’s right, we are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our team!
What’s in it for you?
Be prepared to keep up in our fast-paced environment! Our workplace is awesome; we strive for excellence at all times, but we have tonnes of fun too. You’ll get to work with people like you: super-smart and talented, who share a passion for what they do (and are really good at it!), and who care about the people they work with.
We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, RRSP plan and lots of other perks (like a great work environment, paid volunteer day, team events and more!). We’re adopting a more Agile approach in how we do things, which means shorter product cycles and more frequent go-to-market deliveries. If you get a kick out of seeing your efforts come to fruition more often, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
What can you expect as a Dealer-FX Product Manager?
If you’re the right person for us, you can expect to join a dedicated, energetic and innovative team who is responsible for evolving the DFX products and solutions. The team has industry experts working shoulder-to-shoulder with product and tech pros to design, build and develop our winning products.
Joining this dynamic team, you will be an evangelist for our product, driving internal and external awareness of the product value proposition. You will leverage your expertise to work with customers, sales, consulting and field teams to gain a full understanding of the needs of the user and the customer. Using this market insight, you will work closely with your engineering counterparts to define innovative product release requirements and deliver these features to market.
You will work with the sales and marketing teams to define and evolve the go-to-market strategy ensuring that product positioning, product benefits and target customers are clearly identified and understood.
Need more info before you can decide? No problem! More details are below – we want you to make an informed decision.
Ready to apply? Great! Follow the link and we’ll take you through our online application process.
- Lead and manage the entire product life cycle including collaborating on product strategy, managing the product roadmap and execution, and leading go-to-market activities for a set of products within the Dealer-FX Platform.
- Be the voice of the customer. Conduct market research supported by speaking with and visiting customers and potential customers
- Conduct user feedback sessions consisting of (as appropriate) internal DFX SME’s, OEM representation and key dealer contacts
- Keep on top of the market to identify competitive threats (current and emerging competitors) and to identify market trends that Dealer-FX can leverage to further differentiate ourselves in the market
- Collect, analyze and report on product usage metrics to identify areas of opportunity to enhance the customer experience, improve usability, add new capabilities to the product to increase adoption and utilization
- Work closely with 3rd party partners, Sales, Program Management, Marketing and Support to ensure product adoption, identify impacts on use and adoption and build plans to address
- Prepare and present prioritization recommendations for executive review and sign off
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to gather and specify requirements for current and future products
- Prepare and manage go-to-market plans, working with all departments to execute, ensuring that all internal and external users and customers are informed and prepared for product releases
- Analyze potential partner relationships/partnerships which can enhance the product
- Act as the main business contact for 3rd party partners. Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with partners to identify areas to improve usage, deepen relationships, future plans
- Work closely with Product Marketing and Sales to create and keep current, value propositions, product descriptions, product collateral, competitive profiles and Sales tools
- Depth and scope of product management experience in a SaaS software development organization
- Have a post-secondary education in Computer Systems or a related discipline
- Sound knowledge and expertise in product management methodologies and best practices
- Personal characteristics ideally suited for this role include collaborative, flexible, smart and humble
- Strong team membership and leadership capabilities. This position requires as much of a coach as it does a player on the team.
No unsolicited agency referrals
Dealer-FX is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.