Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreals Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
The Product Manager - Mkg will articulate the communication tactics strategy and oversee the production of the marketing deliverables, whose organization and quality he/she must ensure.
The main and routine tasks of the Product Manager - Mkg are to:
Oversee marketing deliverables
- Oversee marketing deliverables planning by accounting for requests by the operation teams, press opportunities, production constraints, production and the adjustments to the communication strategy;
- Ensure the production of the deliverables with marketing artists by providing them with a brief and supervising the process;
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables (approvals process);
- Analyze the performance of the deliverables by setting up tests for the key deliverables (demos, trailers) and using buzz analysis tools to ensure continued improvement;
- Communicate feedback to the production team and keep members informed of upcoming deliverables;
- Help organize external events and select and prepare spokespeople;
- Oversee the work of the marketing artists;
Manage daily relations with operational marketing
- Provide an up-to-date deliverables plan;
- Organize press tours in collaboration with the brand manager (specific deliverables, content and organization);
- Prepare conference calls and follow up.
Actively support the brand manager
- Contribute to the development of the positioning by taking part in activities including:
*Competition monitoring (determine and assess differences)
*Competition and game forum monitoring
*Strategic monitoring of the entertainment industry
- Articulate the positioning into a communication strategy, communication themes, artistic direction for marketing, deliverables plans and initial deliverables production;
- Assist the brand manager in preparing and carrying out consumer tests;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Relevant university degree or technical training.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in marketing or other relevant experience.
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to manage and adapt to change;
- Results focus;
- Client focus;
- Ability to work effectively on concurrent projects (multitask);
- Ability to defend ones point of view, even when unpopular;
- Extensive knowledge of the video game market and industry.