Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:You are a self-motivated individual who takes pride in your ability to acknowledge what needs to be done and see it through to completion. In the role of Production Assistant, you will provide general labour support and assistance to the production personnel within your assigned department. In addition to this, you will oversee the production area cleanliness and organization, contributing to a safe and efficient work space.
If you thrive in opportunities which involve minimal supervision and offer the chance to demonstrate strong initiative, this position may be the jump start to your career at OEM Remanufacturing!
- Pick up and deliver parts and products to appropriate work stations
- Entry of information into computer database
- Maintenance of schedule board
- Locate required parts in other areas of the building
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of one year related experience
- Grade 12 education
- Must be a team player with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have effective reading and writing skills
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift and handle material weighing up to 40 pounds
- A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator
- Crane/rigging as well as Powerjack/Forklift experience would be an asset
- This posting is for a static weekend shift scheduled Fri, Sat, Sun - 12 hours per day
- The successful candidate may be required to complete training during a Mon - Thurs / Fri weekday shift and will move to weekends once they have sufficient experience
- Any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement
- Applicants must apply with either an updated Professional Profile on Workday or attached resume to be considered
Union Membership: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
COMPANY: OEM REMANUFACTURING
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.