Shift:Monday to Friday 3rd Shift (11:00 PM - 7:15 AM)
A Lamination Operator will perform all the duties related to Lay-up and Press, to include set up, start-up, shut-down, operation, quality checks, preventative maintenance and minor repairs. An operator will work with machines that move work from station to station. Will be exposed to hazardous waste while performing daily job duties. Operators will undergo Chemical Handling training prior to the start of performing these duties and will actively participate in ongoing hazardous waste and chemical handling training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lay-up process steps
- Run press set-up, operation, shutdown, and emergency shutdown
- Read and interpret shop traveler to verify count and quality of previous process steps is met
- Read and interpret stack-up/construction and documented instructions or notes for special requirements
- Enter jobs and quality information in the Manufacturing Control System.
- Complete all internal departmental documentation accurately including travelers, daily preventative maintenance/Process Analysis Log(PAL),and heat rise press cycle charting
- Immediately communicate to your Supervisor, Manager or Process Engineer any discrepancies found in materials, product, or equipment
- Maintain a safe, neat and orderly workplace
- Follow all safety measures when handling chemicals and hazardous waste with regard to use, mixing and disposing chemicals
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English to the extent necessary to perform the job
- Able to lift 50 pounds without straining, and be able to stand throughout the shift
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
Please note due to Controlled Goods Program (CGP) requirements, applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident in Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, TTM Technologies is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.