Perform laboratory testing safely and accurately, colligate test results, and maintain laboratory equipment and chemical supplies. Provide operational assistance to the Production Department.
- Perform all duties safely.
- Comply with all government and corporate safety requirements.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and customer audits including CFIA, HACCP, AIB and others.
- In the absence of QA supervisor, authorize release of product, issue certificate of analysis.
- Conduct laboratory tests on raw materials, in process and finished products using wet chemistry and analytical instruments.
- Perform analysis on new crop seed samples.
- Perform analysis on all shipments.
- Record and report analysis results as required, drawing attention to deviations from standard.
- Assure quality standards are met prior to approving release for all product shipments.
- Responsible for accurate and timely analysis to monitor quality of product at key stages of the production process.
- Perform weekly and monthly inventory control checks, order proper amounts of lab and chemical supplies to maintain an efficient running lab operation.
- Perform tests on collaborative and external check samples.
- Clean and calibrate laboratory equipment as required.
- Maintain all lab equipment in good working order through ordering parts and doing mechanical repairs.
- Maintain all solutions to accuracy and quantity.
- Perform all duties as required in the Production areas on a day to day basis.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform related duties as required.
- A certificate or diploma of 2 years duration minimum in laboratory/chemical technology from an accredited post secondary institution.
- Knowledge of AOCS procedures, HACCP, Food Safety and other regulatory requirements of Canada and the U.S.
- Experience with wet chemistry and instrumentation, analysis of vegetable oils, fatty acid compositions, and other characteristics as required by customers.
- Familiarity with laboratory testing concepts, safe handling of hazardous materials, and basic statistics in the applied sciences.
- Ability to plan, organize, and work in a systematic manner under minimum supervision.
- Ability to think independently and to use critical judgment on product quality, certification, and customer collaborative test results in the absence of the laboratory supervisor.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of computers, and application software.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of hourly, staff, and management across various departments.
- Ability to work at heights, enter confined spaces and operate around equipment.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Working in this environment requires the mandatory use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats.
- Suitable to work in extraction facilities where hexane and other chemicals are used.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled