The primary role of the Production Machine Operator, position is to safely and efficiently operate the dryer in order to process, dry, and package dairy products required for the manufacture of safe and high-quality food products. The Production Machine Operator is a member of the Vitalus team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve department goals, and provides support to other roles within the dairy operations as required.
This position is a shift-work position (days/graveyards/afternoons), including: weekends and holiday rotations in a 24/7 operation.
JOB LOCATION: 3911 Mt. Lehman Road, Abbotsford, BC
- Quality Assurance
- Safety & Enviroment
- Continuous Improvement
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Ability)
- Experience working with machinery, preferably within food processing/manufacturing;
- Able to understand and follow detailed instructions (solid English language skills);
- Able to lift 25kg several times a day;
- Have operated manual, power pallet jacks, and/or forklifts;
- Results oriented;
- Contributes to achieving team goals;
- Solid work ethic;
- Willing to work shift work;
- Someone with safe work record – you care about keeping yourself and co-workers safe;
- Able to work independently without ongoing directions.
- High school diploma and two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment related to food or a similar industry. Dryer operation and/or dairy plant experience an asset.
- Experience with HACCP or other quality systems an asset.
- Experience in operating manual and power pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Fluent English (verbal and written communication skills) with the ability to follow and give clear instructions.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Able to lift 25 kg (55 lbs.)
- Capability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Basic proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, and spreadsheet/database (MS Excel).