The technical production manager co-development will ensure the achievement of the specific deliverables of an inter-studio collaboration, with a particular focus on game software development processes. The incumbent will clearly communicate the studio leads objectives to the team at the associate studio.
The main and routine tasks of the Technical Production Manager Co-Development are to:
- Contribute to the implementation of co-development mandates with collaborating studios, communicate the mandate to the teams, make any necessary adjustments and ensure compliance throughout the production process;
- Help prepare the collaboration: communication networks, associate studio training programs, site visits, etc.;
- Approve or obtain approval for the work carried out by the collaborating studios at the end of each phase (iterative process);
- Efficiently communicate with the associate studios to inform them of the project direction (top-down) and inform supervisors of relevant information pertaining to the work team (bottom-up);
- Ensure that the studios that are geographically and culturally distant build trust relationships and feel part of a single, large team;
- Understand the game vision so as to be able to intervene when defining the scope;
- Keep his/her manager informed on the advancement of the deliverables of the collaborating studios (planned versus actual);
- Keep his/her manager informed on potential collaboration issues and recommend possible solutions;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Develop standards and guidelines to ensure a smooth technical collaboration between lead and associate studios
- Anticipate risks related to inter-studio software development and collaborate with technical stakeholders in the lead and associate studios to plan mitigations
- Synthesize and explain technical documentation, processes, and risks to stakeholders in the lead and associate studios
- Bring together multi-disciplinary working groups to solve software development problems involving co-development partners
- Bring expertise in co-development to technical forums (ex. Branching process discussion, Freeze strategy, etc.)
University or collegial degree in software engineering, engineering project management or equivalent.
Minimum 2 years relevant experience in software development team coordination/management and/or video game engineering.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Video game production knowledge
- Ability to adapt to different people with different personalities and from different cultures
- Listening skills
- Courageous management
- Project management knowledge
- Transparency and the ability to be constructive
- Influential leadership
- Political skills
- Ability to act with impartiality
- Self-control and ability to defuse tensions
- Available for travel
- High-level knowledge of video game programming, systems, tools, and build pipelines
- Knowledge of typical source control solutions (ex. Perforce) and how they work
- Experience with code review and other code quality processes
- Ability to act as a bridge between technical and non-technical experts
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (attach writing samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreals dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. Youll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and well we cant disclose all our secrets just yet and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.