Alaluf Optical is looking for an experienced Production Manager to oversee the manufacturing operations in our new state-of-the-art facility in Mississauga Ontario.
Headquartered in Mississauga Ontario, Alaluf Optical is a manufacturer and distributor of handmade acetate eyewear frames.
Successful candidates must have experience in manufacturing of acetate frames and supervisory experience in manufacturing setting. They have a good working knowledge of acetate eyewear manufacturing processes and best practices. They are comfortable with using CAD/CAM software like Rhinoceros as well as operating and programming CNC equipment. They are entrepreneurial, resilient, and curious.
- Develop, improve and implement manufacturing methods and processes, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, tooling and production equipment;
- Plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing processes;
- Develop, plan and manage production schedules and departmental budget;
- Maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products;
- Hire, train and supervise employees engaged in all phases of manufacturing activities;
- Develop and implement plans to optimize the production resources to meet production and quality targets;
- Develop and implement quality control processes to ensure the production and quality meet specifications,
- Perform the machining operations, watch for problems in the production process, and check the accuracy of the finished piece against technical drawings;
- Setup, program and operate CNC equipment;
- Maintain and troubleshoot machines and equipment as needed;
- Use CAD software and CNC equipment to prepare project designs;
- 5+ Years of supervisory experience in manufacturing;
- 3+ Years of experience in production of handmade acetate eyeglass frames
- Knowledge of acetate frame manufacturing processes and best practices;
- Working knowledge of computer-aided design and drafting (CAD) and CAM software;
- Working knowledge of operating and programming 4 axis and 5 axis Computer Numerical Control (CNC) routers.
Alaluf Optical thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hours of Work: 40 Hours/Week
Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or increases in salary.