At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to join our team! The Production Manager works closely with the Producers, Associate Production Managers and Coordinators to oversee the day-to-day operations on the floor. Within each designated area they will oversee and track daily progress and report their findings back to the Producers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with producer to assign crew tasks and monitor crew output.
- Tracks quota and output from one department to the next.
- Daily reviews of production status in all departments to ensure deadlines are being met.
- Prepares and distributes production departmental reports.
- Daily production meeting with associate production managers to address and resolve current issues.
- Manages team resources to ensure everyone has the proper tools at all times.
- Forecasts delays and shortfalls which in turn need to be communicated to producers.
- Takes notes during director approval reviews including design, asset, sweatbox, and animation.
- Oversees production materials to ensure they are tracked and recorded.
- Collects and reviews timesheets for accuracy.
- Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe: that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
- Additional duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree or equivalent preferred.
- 2-4 year of industry experience.
- Clear understanding of the principles of CG animation production.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; including Word, Excel and Outlook. Solid computer database skills.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Flexible and calm demeanour.
- Excellent leadership skills; ability to direct and inspire the team to work as a cohesive unit and eager to put forth their best.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems and eliminates roadblocks.
- Ability to communicate processes, plans and concepts and set clear expectations.
- Shares information and techniques with team members. Encourages feedback and is open to new initiatives. Practices active and attentive listening.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives within the production budget and scheduled parameters.