KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience in the meat processing environment is a mandatory requirement preferably with a minimum of five (5) years of experience working on the production floor involved in the planning function.
- Sound knowledge of HACCP, SOPs, GMP, environmental safety, and mass production with the ability to understand both technical and inventory support constraints and issues is essential.
- Ability to recognize and resolve scheduling errors, compliance issues, seek out and apply best practices.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational, time management, tracking and follow up skills.
- Attention to detail is mandatory as is the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to interact with others with a can do attitude, always achieving a positive outcome. Ability to maintain the highest standards of food safety and confidentiality regarding production techniques and processes.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of food safety strategy.
- Maturity and the ability to work with accuracy including multitasking while concentrating and working to tight deadlines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the plant adheres to all government regulations regarding safe food production, ensuring the highest standards of food safety are applied plant-wide
- Optimize and use initiative on a daily and ongoing basis to execute production schedules through the use of planning, organizing and the controlling of resources
- Review new and current product specifications, revising the existing specifications and making recommendations
- Execute daily, weekly, and monthly schedules for incoming and outgoing raw materials
- Plan, organize and control daily/weekly production schedules
- Organize and communicate with necessary parties, the plant’s production schedule
- Develop and maintain existing planning models for production and inventory scheduling
- Ensure that inventory levels in company warehouse, production, and distribution operations result in superior customer service levels
- Optimize inventory levels and ensure that they are adequate to meet the productions requirements
- Communicate with Sales and Customer Service Department on current and future demands
- Ability to factor number of constraints: Shelf life maximization, storage limitations, frequency order patterns
- Accountable to specific targets, setting objectives and delivering results.
- Prioritize work and follow through
- Report to the Plant Manager regularly, bring forward ideas for improvement
- Support R&D and identify schedule and planning concerns and opportunities
- Continuously assesses the production schedule and the product being produced and react in a timely manner to communicate potential problems
- Other related responsibilities
- Excellent understanding of English with above average verbal and written skills required. College diploma preferred, a food processing background and a minimum of five to ten (5-10) years of experience in a meat processing environment is required.
- Prior planning experience is required as well as superior strategic thinking, negotiating, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
$70,000.00 - $85,000.00 /year