Eden Valley Poultry Incorporated is seeking a Production Supervisor to join their team of dedicated professionals. Eden Valley Poultry strives to be an employer of choice. We focus on continuous improvement, contributing to the well-being of the community, minimizing our impact on the environment and remaining focused on exceptional food safety and quality standards.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision, coordination and effective management of workers to meet production targets and quality standards. Responsibilities will include the training of staff in production methods, safety, policies and procedures, as well as the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and initiatives.
In the course of their duties, the Production Supervisor will prepare a range of reports, and hold responsibilities for the effective budgeting for their area. Through the effective management of targets, goals and production efficiencies the Production Supervisor will ensure the ongoing success of the plant floor at Eden Valley Poultry.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience with demonstrated motivating, training, appraising and general supervisory skills with preference given to supervisory experience in a processing or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to be crossed trained in different departments.
- Flexibility to cover evening shift, if required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and team building skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn new software applications.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Ability to find new methods and principles and ability to incorporate them into existing practices as needed.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Must have ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Strong negotiation and priorization skills.
Eden Valley Poultry Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.