Automotive - Plastic/Rubber Parts
February 1, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
Our clientis a division ofa globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities.
They are currently in need of a Production Supervisor for their manufacturing team.
- Orientate, train, mentor, supervise, co-ordinate and provide leadership to employees
- Direct and manage indirect staff in the skilled trades, quality, stockroom, shipping and receiving areas
- Provide input on relevant issues to management to ensure issues on "off shifts" are communicated and acted upon as required Set priorities for tasks in skilled trades area based on plant issues, required PM (Preventative Maintenance), and customer demands
- Analyze and manage performance measurements (production, scrap, downtime, rework, utilization, etc.) on a plant-wide basis
- Ensure all customer quality requirements are met and take appropriate actions in the event of an issue, including, but not limited to, line/ tool repairs, rework, containment, management notification and escalation per company procedures
- Provide guidance and training to employees - labour relations, quality, production metrics, equipment, and facilities
EXPERIENCE: In order to be COMPETITIVE for this position, you will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in automotive parts manufacturing;
- Experience manufacturing plastic auto parts;
- Experience in a unionised environment;
- At least 2 years as a supervisor in this environment.
Note: Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be acknowledged.
Diploma or degree in a technical discipline
Reg Shortt, P.Eng., CPC, Partner
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the “APPLY” button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Reg Shortt: http://stoakley.com/meet-reg-shortt/
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries.
This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
• Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities
• Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity
• Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
• Website: www.stoakley.com
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
• Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
• Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart