Winnipeg, MB, CA, R2X 1R2
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The Production Supervisor has the primary responsibility to direct and coordinate the production department to ensure the Production Department runs efficiently
- Meets with employees to provide performance feedback and coaching, as well as sets performance goal expectations.
- Coordinating weekly activities with the Manufacturing Manager
- Monitoring of plant labour and material efficiencies and daily reporting.
- Responsible for programs created to reduce waste, reduce downtime and improve productivity.
- Ensure a safe workplace by implementing systems, policies and safety improvements, active membership in OH&S committee.
- Ensuring compliance to QA, GMP and food safety disciplines.
- Deep involvement and leadership in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Involvement in R&D projects and formula improvement initiatives.
- Active member of sustainability improvement and energy reduction teams.
- Assist and provide direction with employee scheduling
- Flexibility to work multiple shifts
- Provide leadership to direct reports
- Perform other duties as required
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- Minimum Grade 12 Education with good oral and written English skills
- 3-5 years experience supervising unionized workers.
- Food industry background supervising unionized workers.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of the Collective Agreement
- Ability to interact with all levels of busines
- Strong Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with a proven ability to communicate in an ESL (English as a second language) work environment.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organization skills
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with SAP
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.