At Sofina Foods Company Our vision is compelling. Join us on our journey. Our people are a source of pride, strength and inspiration. We are guided by an entrepreneurial spirit and a disciplined approach to creating business opportunities.
Sofina Foods Inc. is a privately owned Canadian company headquartered in Markham, Ontario dedicated to providing great tasting, high quality food products for retail and foodservice. As one of the nation's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products, Sofina Foods has a broad portfolio of branded and private label pork, beef, turkey, and chicken products. Sofina's family of branded products consists of: Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fearmans Pork, Fletcher's, Vienna, Cuddy and Quality Meats. Sofina Foods currently operates 18 HACCP approved manufacturing facilities, three hatcheries and has over 4,700 employees.
Production Supervisor - Wynyard
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising production operations on assigned shift in accordance with production schedules and standards that meet requirements for safety, regulatory compliance, environment, quality, customer service and cost. As part of the Plant’s leadership team, contributes to building and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement.
- Providing effective leadership and direction to hourly employees (coaching, cross-training, addressing and resolution of employee-related issues and concerns) within the framework of the Company’s policies or collective agreement ensuring consistency in dealing with employee issues;
- Accountable for packaging products to specification and customer orders; and maximizing the value and yield of the product received;
- Ensures product is handled according to good manufacturing processes, CFIA regulations and HAACP protocols and are prepared for packaging and meet Customer quality specifications;
- Ensuring that their production area is in an ‘audit-ready’ condition for impromptu audits;
- Appropriate resource allocation and time management;
- Accountable for the human resource practices and industrial relations in the department;
- Communication and an on-going reinforcement of production performance indicators/requirements (i.e. health and safety; food safety and quality, customer service, cost, etc.);
- Accountable for ensuring the Health & Safety of their employees by utilizing tools such as regular safety talks, administering first aid, prompt and detailed incident investigations and follow up on recommended corrections.
- Minimum 3 years of lead-hand/supervisory experience;
- Post-secondary education in operations, business, transportation or warehousing preferred;
- Knowledge of CFIA & Safety regulations and competence in applying GMP and HACCP practices;
- Familiarity working in a unionized environment (experience in meat/food processing an asset);
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule;
- Effective communication, organization & motivation skills with a proven ability to lead & influence;
- Good command of English.
Build your career, apply today!