The future is ours to make… and we want people like you!
Modatek Systems is an automotive Tier 1, Tier 2 supplier of modular engine cradle, frames and twist axle assemblies. Modatek Systems is a division of Magna International, we are conveniently located in Milton, Ontario directly off the 401 at Highway 25. At Magna, world-class manufacturing meets vision in an effort to lead the future.
We are looking for Full time Production Team Members to join our team. If you have a passion to learn and grow in a continuous improvement environment, then this opportunity is a great fit for you. Candidates who have experience welding in a production environment will be considered a strong asset.
Our Team Members work a 40 hour week that rotate bi-weekly (MAD) midnights, afternoons and days. Candidates must be able to work overtime when needed to meet our customers' requirements.
What you will focus on:
- Loading and unloading parts into automated robotic welding cells while maintaining cycle time in a fast paced environment.
- Inspect automotive parts and repair weld defects.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Follow standardized work guidelines.
- Conduct preventative maintenance.
- Practicing and promoting continuous improvements for manufacturing processes and identifying possible cost reduction opportunities
- Effectively communicate and interact with all levels of the organization.
What you will require:
- Candidate must have at least 1 year experience working in a manufacturing environment. Preference will be given to candidates with production welding experience.
- Knowledge of basic math and English, with a proven ability to read and follow written instructions.
- Candidates must be flexible to work overtime and rotating shifts.
- Must be physically fit to lift, bend, twist and do repetitive work in a fast paced environment.
What we have to offer:
- A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our "Good for You" cafeteria.
- A great work experience which includes a dedicated and diverse workforce who enjoys working together.
- Extended Health Benefits.
- Group RSP with employer match.
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan.
- Education reimbursement program.
- Staff appreciation events.
- Company paid uniforms, allowances for customized safety glasses, earplugs and boots.
- An environment that focuses on Modatek's Core Values; Integrity, Respect, Trust, Honesty, Fairness and Loyalty.