Winnipeg, MB, CA, R2X 1R2
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
A production worker is responsible for working within a team, to maintain a fast paced flow on the floor. They prepare products for distribution in the most efficient manner, by assembling and checking products throughout the production process in order to ensure all products shipped match customers quality standards and expectations.
Production workers are responsible for safe and efficient handling of baked products (Muffins, Brownies, Loaf cakes etc) and packaging of these products in their appropriate packaging.
- Operate and monitor a high speed continuous production line including alining products on moving conveyors.
- Required to bring all quality and safety concerns to supervisory staff's attention
- Responsible to ensure workstation and floor is clean and fee of unwanted & hazardous materials throughout entire shift and after shift
- Visually observes products through every stage of production and remove waste products from assembly line, ensuring products are placed into proper waste bins as required, and inspect products for quality deviations.
- Adhere to (Good Manufacturing Proceadures) GMP’s and Health and Safety rules as outlined in Employee Handbook including, but not limited to:
- The use of ( Personal Protective Equipment) PPE such as company issued hearing protection, hair and beard nets, gloves, and white jackets.
- Ensure GMP’s and safe food handling practices are being followed at all times
- Follow all GMPs including maintaining personal hygiene, washing/ sanitizing hands.
- Check all tools are cleaned and maintained in good repair. Report and broken, damaged, or missing tools to your supervisor who will ensure proper policies are followed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with accuracy in order to keep up with the production process
- Able to work with minimum supervision in a diverse team environment
- Ability to punch in an out for every break/ shift with company time clock system.
- Good understanding and application of English oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to understand the scheduling process, quality training and safety policies and procedures after training completion
- Completed (minimum) Grade 12 education or equivalent, with basic math skills
- Able to work all shifts as assigned with open flexibility
- Able to effectively communicate with leads, co-workers and department staff from all areas of operation
- Previous experience in factory or warehouse setting is considered an asset
- Has knowledge of the structure and function of production equipement
- Physically capable of performing all repeative line function duties such as reaching, bending, lifting, and spreading
- Physically capable of standing for long periods of time and lifting 20 lbs
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.