The position is within the Performance & Management Accounting Pole in the Regional North America platform located in Montreal, under the supervision of the Head of Performance Management. Our main client: the Accounting teams in Montréal, the Head Office team in Paris and the CST team in New York.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The main mission is to support the Performance Management teams in their day to day activities meaning:
• Provide PnL reconciliations between Accounting and Performance Management.
• Provide PnL reports for Management and Head Quarters in Paris.
• Load revenues in the Profitability reporting tool (Paradigm).
• Manage the Management Accounting team located in Mumbai.
• Review / validate the funding Calculations for Income on Equity and Structural ALM.
• Manage Other CIB and Gestion Generale activities (monthly reporting, budget…)
• Provide reporting by Client to the Performance Reporting team.
• Provide support for system implementation projects.
• Management review of the tasks performed by the team in Mumbai.
• Be the owner of Revenue reporting for North America region.
• Ensure that figures are reconciled and consistent between Paradigm and Matisse.
• Be the owner of the Other CIB and Gestion Generale metiers (revenues, budget…).
• Help ensure the control and integrity of data populating the tools and reporting.
• Maintain and develop the procedure related to management accounting.
Projects, systems support, operational process improvements:
• Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and after care post deployment.
• Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team’s responsibility.
• Observe the bank’s policies and procedures.
• Assist in any special project or request as directed by management.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Degree on finance or accounting from a reputable university
• Minimum 5 years of Performance Management, preferably within Financial Services Industries.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Knowledge of financials products.
• Excellent Excel skills (including pivot tables and most common excel functions), business Object, macro and complex data bases.
• Autonomous and capability to work in a diverse team in a context of strict deadline and in an international environment.
• Project management and experience in the implementation of new systems and management of complex referential.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Commitment, rigorous in his job and flexible in order to commit the deadline within an international environment.
• Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment.
• Smart view knowledge is a plus.
• Excellent fluency in English both verbal and written.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.