Job DescriptionJob Title: Program Assistant, Home HealthWork Site: Home Health Program Support, Richmond Continuing Health Services - Richmond, BCStatus: Regular Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $19.72 - $21.78 per hourHours:
0800-1600 or 0830-1630
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 128972-smu
Come work as a Program Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Medical Office Assistant to join the Home Health team with Richmond Continuing Health Services as a Program Assistant. Apply today to join our team!
As a Program Assistant with the Home Health team in Richmond you will:
- Administratively support a variety of programs within Home Health.
- Verify and process referrals, receive phone calls, take messages, and greet and direct clients.
- Schedule client appointments and meetings.
- Perform data entry functions using relevant computerized systems.
- Collate/generate statistical information, assemble files and charts, and maintain program supplies.
- Provide transcription services and word process a variety of documents such as wait lists, discharge summaries, care plans, minutes of meetings and routine correspondence.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12.
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate.
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of the training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Working knowledge of office procedures
- Ability to operate a multi-line switchboard/phone system
- Ability to keyboard 5,000 keystrokes per hour.
- Business writing skills.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to anticipate potential problems/conflicts and ability to take corrective action.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain satisfactory work relationships with clients and team members.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with coworkers, clients and staff from other agencies.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computer client care information system (PARIS), word processing, spreadsheet and internet/email software.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.