The Program Manager is responsible for delivering a program plan that integrates project plans, identifies resources required and monitors project progress. This role also provides leadership and mentorship to team members.
This role supports Agile processes through process definition and continual improvement. The successful candidate will also facilitate the transition from a more traditional model to an Agile, squad-based model.
In addition, this role will oversee operational support, ensuring “lights-on” for production applications and services through the management of a multi-disciplinary maintenance/support team that includes Squad Leads, squads, business analysts (BA) and developers.
The applications and services within this role benefit multiple programs and ministries.
This role is initially assigned to Corporate and Common Services. However, this role may be reassigned to work in other areas as required.
8 Years - Demonstrated senior leadership experience managing multiple resources and/or delivery teams (including hiring and removing resources as required) within an IT environment
5 Years - Experience leading a portfolio of complex (multi-stakeholder and multi-technology) projects or initiatives at one time
5 Years - Experience defining program strategies, goals and deliverables that support business outcomes in collaboration with business stakeholders
5 Years - Demonstrated experience building and maintaining trusted relationships across technology and business stakeholders
5 Years - Experience leading an environment that embodies Agile development principles.
5 Years - Experience leading and facilitating meetings with stakeholders at all levels.
- Compile program/ project charters and business/project plans to support activities, including the most suitable approach to be used in the development of each applicable program/project, to ensure business objectives and data integrity are achieved.
- Manage a portfolio of project(s) that will document business requirements, design and deliver IT solutions that are compliant with and contribute to the Ministries’ enterprise architecture.
- Ensure that annual program business cases are developed and maintained including the development of a program roadmap and forecasts.
- Create and maintain program forecasts throughout the year that reflect approved plans.
- Assist business and program sponsors with the development of program vision and strategic deliverables as required.
- Provide leadership to project teams in establishing strategic planning, program/project definition and overall program communications.
- Assist with the development of recommendations including providing details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to internal/external influences and the methodology to be applied.
- Produce and package deliverables for presentation to various internal support teams, steering committee, and other program/project stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects, project managers/resources and project governance.
- Work with program/project sponsors to ensure that effective program/project communication exists through the duration of the program/project including escalation of risks as required.
- Take responsibility for ongoing client satisfaction – manage peer-level client relationships and overcome hurdles to ensure win-win solutions.
- Collaborate with business and IT leadership to develop a well-defined program/project plan that clearly states the program/ project’s objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget.
- Work with program/project sponsors and the project management office to develop a program/project organization structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all stakeholders.
- Document and report program/project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources and facilitate tracking and closure of issues and risks.
- Develop program/project schedule plans and strategies, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans and take corrective action for completion of program/project tasks.
- Provide guidance to project resources in establishing work priorities and prompt delivery of program/project tasks.
- Develop, as required, related requirements documentation.
- In collaboration with program/project sponsors, assess whether the program/project achieved stated outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement for future similar program/projects.
- Provide leadership and assistance to business and project teams that require change management and communication support.
- Work within the standards defined by the project management office and in the absence of standards work with the project management office to define new standards.