Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
This position is for Massiv Die-Form, a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Massiv Die-Form, a division of Magna International, designs and builds medium to large cast automotive and hot stamping dies. Massiv Die-Form is proudly committed to manufacture products of the highest quality, reliability, maintainability and durability for the global automotive market through skilled and dedicated people focused on total customer satisfaction, ongoing protection of the environment and the profitable well being of our company.
- Program 3 Axis / 5 Axis Mills (Tebis, Smirt) using LMS standards and procedures
- Able to follow predetermined schedule for programming.
- Constantly improving process, tooling and strategies.
- Maintain and operate CNC milling machine(s) accurately and efficiently (when required).
- Perform job set-up, tool-setup and quality checks on milling machines as per LMS standards.
- Follow and participate in 4DX activities
- Follow and participate in 5S activities
- Communicate necessary information to Leadhands and co-workers from shift to shift.
- Prepare machine logbooks and required reports (ShiftWorx logs) on daily basis.
- Responsible for applicable QEMS policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Responsible to carry out duties for Health, Safety, and Environment in accordance with the HS&E Agreement for Employees - Addendum
- Perform other reasonable duties as required.
- Certified Machinist
- Minimum of two years working experience on CNC machines/mills
- Tebis software experience or previous Cad Cam programming experience an asset
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently
The candidate selected for this learning opportunity must successfully pass an interview and testing procedure.
Note: The training for this role will not begin until mid-January 2021.
*Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.