ITC Construction Group is one of Western Canada’s leading general contractors with offices in BC and Alberta and specializes in the areas of residential high-rise construction. We are currently recruiting a Project Accountant for our Vancouver Team. This role will be on location at the project site working closely with the project team. The successful candidate will have the ability to work both independently and within a team, have strong communication skills and attention to detail. If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply in confidence online at www.itc-group.com .
Enrolled as a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or have a Degree in Accounting. Proven construction industry track record with at least 4-5 years of experiencein Project Accounting. Creative problem solving and time management are key attributes required for this role.
Reporting directly to Project Accounting Director, the Project Accountant is accountable for the following:
- Setup of project and monitoring its progress
- Managing and accurately reporting on project transactions
- Working directly with the project team to coordinate approval of invoices, release of payments and provide reports and analysis as requested
- Full cycle of accounts payable for the project including issuance of payments
- Track and monitor project-related records, including contracts, contract documents and change orders
- Review invoices and project costing to ensure posted to the correct budget and cost codes
- Analyze and investigate project variances
- Review and monitor project profitability and cash flow
- Ensure billings are prepared, compiled and submitted in accordance with contract terms
- Understand and enforce the governing holdback policy and lien act including issuance of documents and payments.
- Respond to requests from suppliers and subtrades including account reconciliations
- Manage all documents and payment compliance requirements
- Note and track any special contract requirements for application of costing management
- Reconcile and close out project upon completion
- Compile information for internal auditors as required
- Support Project Accounting team when required
- Build positive and productive working relationships with project teams, clients and trades
- Other administrative duties as required.