Position Type: Part-time, 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Position Purpose: Providing a positive first and last impression of the firm through exceptional customer service to internal and external clients, vendors and members of the public. Support the branch with a variety of administrative functions, ensuring corporate standards for quality and format are followed in all project documentation and correspondence, appropriate network and paper filing procedures are upheld and consistently meeting project deadlines.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain a professional, helpful, and friendly attitude.
- Answer telephone and direct calls to the appropriate staff members.
- Distribute mail and faxes to staff within an appropriate timeframe after receipt.
- Coordinate office couriers on a timely basis.
- Develop a wealth of company knowledge to appropriately answer inquiries from the public.
- Greet visitors and direct to the appropriate staff.
- Log maintenance activities for equipment.
- May maintain a record of library contents, requested materials and outdated materials.
- May maintain a daily record of cheques received for the accounting department.
- Monitor building access by visitors.
- Monitor/manage staff usage of company vehicles, cameras, parking passes, visitor parking stalls and site keys, etc.
- Receive, date and time stamp tender packages for Project Managers.
- Track courier, parking and film costs for invoice approval.
- Maintain tidiness of reception, waiting area, and boardrooms.
- Assist staff with all administrative functions, including tasks such as:
- PIF set up
- proposal preparation
- editing, formatting and proofing of all project documentation (reports, specifications, construction contracts, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Update proposal tracker and other appropriate WE project tracking tools
- Attend project meetings and take minutes as required.
- May assist staff with booking travel, accommodation, and meetings as appropriate.
- Prepare meeting agendas, documentation and prepare and distribute minutes.
- Assist PMs with project tracking and maintenance of client contact information in Deltek Vision.
- May act as a client contact as appropriate.
- May receive, deliver and track drawings for specific projects.
- Basic understanding of drawings for advanced proposal/report preparation assistance.
- Prepare reports using corporate standards and templates and contribute feedback for appropriate updates of these templates.
- Assist with project close out including project profiles.
- Assist with ordering, business cards, staples/supplies order, construction signs, online store
- Assist PM’s with inputting and updating Planifi.
- Assist with APC, BCBid,, MERX
- Assist Project Managers with the following:
- Compiling information from engineers and other appropriate sources as requested.
- E-mail, correspondence, client communications, distribution of information to clients and peers.
- Ensuring schedules are met for deadlines, documents and meetings.
- Employees are required to adhere to the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.
- Enjoys administrative work and has an interest in engineering or project management.
- Highly organized and able to work in a dynamic atmosphere
- Good interpersonal skills; a person who listens well, respects diversity of opinions and has an open, clear and succinct communication style.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple projects, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
- Ability to represent the company to the staff, clients and community by ensuring the best image is presented.
- Application knowledge of WE systems and programs (including Gnosis, Vision, MS Office, Microsoft Dynamics, Octiv, Planifi, etc.).
- Able to take on new/additional roles and responsibilities on a pro-active basis.