Comtech Group Inc. (Comtech) is a multidisciplinary consulting firm providing professional services in Program and Project Management, Engineering, Technology and Project Capacity Services spanning multiple industry sectors, with offices across North America. With full-lifecycle consulting services from concept through to commissioning, Comtech provides scalable solutions to deliver capital programs and projects, ranging from the management, control and delivery of multi-billion-dollar urban rapid transit programs to complex capital initiatives for industrial manufacturers, public utilities and power generators.
Comtech is engaged with Public and Private sector clients within the Transportation & Infrastructure, Industrial & Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities and Buildings & Facilities sectors. Leveraging our comprehensive range of technical, engineering and project management services, we are actively building and nurturing long-term relationships with our clients, employees and the communities we support. In support of our capital programs/projects and continued growth, Comtech is seeking qualified candidates for the position of a Project Controls Analyst.
- Review and Analyze baseline and progress schedules
- Prepare Summary and What-if Schedules in P6 and MS Project based on project team, consultants and contractors’ input
- Extract critical and near critical paths from schedules and make recommendations to the senior management team
- Prepare Resource Histogram, S-Curve, Cashflow and Production Rate report
- Prepare Earned Value Management reports and communicate issues to Management in order to minimize schedule impacts and cost overruns
- Maintain Change Management and Contingency Management Logs and prepare ad-hoc reports
- Review Risk Register and provide analysis on the top risks and correlation between cost and schedule exposures and contingencies
- Evaluate and analyze risks and issues that will potentially compromise project results and develop plans to mitigate in order to protect the budget and schedule
- Interface and continual coordination with customer management team regarding program approvals and program status
- Interact with Project team, Finance, Contractors to receive updates on progress, issues, risks, mitigations, schedules and others
- Review Contractors report, verify the content and provide comments
- Perform schedule/cost analysis, assesses cost performance during progress updates and
- Review scope changes and claims for schedule and cost impact and provide feedback to financial and contract management staff
- Manage Change and Invoice approval process and provide dashboard reports
- Assist in the development and implementation of project control measures and metrics to demonstrate schedule adherence and continual performance improvement
- Monitor man-hours and cost progress
- Assist in the development and analysis of project business cases
- Prepare detailed Monthly Report by gathering monthly progress details from all source of information, ensuring data is gathered in a timely manner for monthly report generation through the collection of information, verification of information, coordinating management review and issuance of the report the agreed deadline each month.
- Prepare detailed Monthly report by gathering details including cost, schedule, earned value, change control, contract administration, Third Party recoveries, contingency utilization, progress photos.
- Working in a complex environment with multiple project teams and stakeholders to obtain information required for reporting, ensuring that consistent reporting activities are undertaken
- Degree in Engineering, Business or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar capacity on large (multi-billion dollar) scale construction projects
- Working knowledge in scheduling and costing PMIS (Program Management Information Systems) software including EcoSys, Oracle Contract Management, Primavera Risk Analysis, Primavera P6, MS Project, Acumen Fuse and MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Must have a solid understanding of core project control concepts (WBS, CBS, CPM based scheduling, Earned Value Progress Measurement), PMBOK/PMI principles
- Must be well organized and possess good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must possess the analytical skills to foresee potential problems and avoid them by preplanning.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, time management skills, multi-tasking skills, dependability and sound judgment
- Excellent people skills and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment: must be flexible with shifting priorities and capable of functioning under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- PMP and/or P.Eng designation is considered a strong asset
Comtech Group Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources @ Comtech by emailing – email@example.com
Comtech Group offers our employees a competitive compensation package with comprehensive employee benefits, and an environment that fosters teamwork & entrepreneurial spirit. Comtech Group is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your resume in MS Word format to Comtech Group via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org