The Project Controls Specialist/Analyst is responsible for implementing systems, analytical tools and methods to monitor status of projects, performing planning and scheduling for Suncor projects, which require the selection and application of earned value principles, techniques and technical knowledge of industrial construction and maintenance operations.
This position is project-based at Suncor in Fort McMurray.
- Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its Core Values.
- Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Assist the Sr. Project Controls Analyst in developing project schedules, resource curve analysis and presentation information on Suncor projects.
- Track and maintain detailed budget with earned value system.
- Utilize analytical systems, methods and tools to monitor the project and complete weekly and monthly progress reports to management and/or customer as needed.
- Work with the Sr. Project Controls Analyst and Project Manager on change orders based on analysis of the reports and identification of potential problem areas.
- Answer questions from the project manager and senior management as a result of project analysis and status reporting. Bring critical issues to the immediate attention of appropriate management personnel.
- Support supervision through preparation, updating and maintenance of forecasts and schedules.
- Develop and track detailed engineering, procurement and construction schedules with construction management. Integrate and assemble data from a variety of sources, including A/E, customer engineering, other contractors, etc.
- Interface with other departments to provide cost/scheduling data for items such as subcontract change requests, bid comparisons, new work item estimates and resolution of potential work schedule problems.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- 3-5+ years of related project controls experience within the construction industry.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- Must be highly proficient with Primavera (P6) Project Planner
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Excel; almost all requirements of the job are done in Excel.
- High proficiency in the use of software applications including Microsoft Word, Power Point, Access and other database applications.
- Working knowledge of and ability to select and apply resource monitoring and control techniques, such as CPM computer scheduling techniques, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of earned value techniques
- Good interpersonal communication skills; excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Project based in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- Camp accommodation at Suncor Base Plant.
- Schedule is a 10/4 – 10 days on, 4 days off.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position please contact;
Calgary – 403-969-9962
North America – 877-596-5522