Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Location details: Edmonton, AB Area
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta (CA-AB)
Location details:Edmonton, AB Area
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
The role of Project Coordinator is to support Project Managers in execution of the entire crane project, within the established budget, scope and timeframe and with shared responsibility over results and customer satisfaction, with the Project Manager acting as the primary interface to the customer during project execution.
- Responsible for ensuring that approval drawings are returned from customer and released by engineering meeting the project schedule
- Request purchase orders for deliverables and follow up to maintain the schedule based on project changes
- Arrange freight based on project schedule and prepare packing list
- Attend PDM meeting (attend short term forecast with PM; longer term forecast only PDM and Project Coordinator)
- Document retention on projects that require minor submittals
- Prepare E&O submittal
- Process and follow-up on warranty requests (with warranty and service)
- Coordinate install and commissioning with sub-contractors and service (based on project schedule)
- Initiate milestone payments to the admin
- Follow up with service in having SAT and commissioning paperwork returned; review SAT paperwork and prepare F/C e-mail
- Submit commissioning packages to service
Our ability to create satisfied customers is dependent on our behavior throughout the entire customer purchasing experience, the majority of which is through the communication of the Project managers and with the assistance of the Project Coordinator. The purchasing experience of our customers can set us apart (either positively or negatively).
- Post secondary degree or diploma from a college, or PMP certification is preferred. Previous Project Management experience is required.
- Experience with overhead crane delivery, installation, and commissioning; or related similar construction experience is required. Applicant must be familiar with transportation of heavy machinery, installation and installation practices (including basic rigging requirements), installation equipment (mobile cranes, personnel lifts, fork lifts, etc.), jobsite scheduling of multiple trades, and jobsite safety.
- Must have demonstrated and well developed "people" skills. Applicant will interface with all levels of supplier and customer management and must be able to communicate effectively to all.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to efficiently handle and administer multiple tasks on concurrently running projects, and experience in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Advanced PC skills, including MS Project, MS Office, and other ERP systems.
- Must have strong technical aptitude and a desire to fully understand our products and processes
- Prior experience with overhead (EOT) crane manufacturing is a plus.
*KC #MONCA #CBCA
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Restricted/Deferred Share Units
- Vacation/paid time off
- Donation-Matching Program
- Paid sick days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision