With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Engineering is where your brilliant ideas can become a delicious reality. You’ll develop the highly technical processes and competitive-advantaged assets behind every product we make, whether it’s an imaginative chocolate bar triangle like Toblerone, an irresistible breakfast snack like belVita or some wonderful new treat we haven’t even thought of yet.
The Scarborough Bakery has a permanent hourly vacancy for an Engineering Project Coordinator. This position reports into the Site Engineering Manager and works with the engineering department and is accountable for managing capital investment projects of a determined financial band and success of its scope objectives. This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management.
Works in a manufacturing environment with varying levels of noise and with requirement to wear company mandated uniform and safety equipment such as safety shoes, ear plugs, hair net and lab coat.
- Provides ISC feasibility perspectives linked with the specific project scope. Identifies the capital and capital related expenses, optimum layout, equipment and phasing over time to meet the project scope objectives.
- Manages communications interface and project governance.
- Leads a cross functional project team at plant level.
- Identifies cost effective, high savings productivity solutions and develops project in order to improve performance, product quality, safety and sustainability, yield and manufacturing cycle times
- Member of the IIM pillar
- Accountable for managing capital investment projects ($5k - $150K)
- Providing leadership during concept/design stage, implementation and start-up phases are executed at highest level of efficiency, quality and employee safety.
- Design phase (e.g. Cost estimates, Risk analysis, design Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
- Implementation phase (e.g. FAT, SAT),
- Start-up (e.g. Commissioning, Qualification and Verification (CQV) planning, Vertical Start-up (VSU) assessments) and successfully handover to the plant.
- Lead cross functional project development and coordination
- Lead projects towards VSU (lead through project life cycle with zero loss mentality)
- Controls cost, cash flow phasing and schedule of the projects.
- Responsible for leading site level cross- functional team for successful project execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 Years)
- Minimum of 1 year Project Management experience
- Proven Project Management skills
- Managing CAD station and developing technical drawings for engineering.
- Minimum 1 year Knowledge of Integrated Lean 6 Sigma
- Proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Power Point – Minimum 1 year experience
- Minimum 1 year engineering experience preferred in food industry
- Languages: English (business level)
- Organizational & Priority Setting – possesses excellent organizational agility; quickly identifies and able to prioritize to reduce or eliminate plant downtime.
- Results oriented-constantly works to achieve results.
- Project Management – sets objectives and goals; breaks project down into steps; anticipates and adjusts for roadblocks; measures performance against goals
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral) – Able to communicate well with other team members and leadership; ability to assist colleagues in identifying the mechanical issue at hand in an effort to fix the problem. Must be able to follow directions accurately
- Analysis Tools- have knowledge and understand equipment ranking; breakdown analysis, RCA tool; GE loss Tree; maintenance losses, spares turnover; PM Systems.
- Knowledgeable about LOCK OUT and TAG OUT procedure and practices.
- Knowledgeable about Sanitary Design procedure and practices.
- Familiar with OHSA regarding safety practices and non-routine work permits.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process.
For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.