VARD is a global designer and shipbuilder of many vessel types with shipyards and subsidiary offices located throughout the world. Within VARD, Vard Electro is a leading system integrator delivering turnkey electrical systems and solutions for the global maritime industry. It offers a comprehensive set of services that cover the entire lifecycle of a vessel, from engineering through installation, integration testing and commissioning, to remote diagnostics, conversions and on-going field services to support operations and maintenance.
Are you looking for interesting, exciting, meaningful and challenging work? Are you agile and adaptable in your knowledge and skills? Then VARD Electro Canada is looking for you. We are seeking motivated, dedicated, brilliant people to help grow our Canada business. Versatile people who can look beyond their job titles to make a difference.
Position: Project Coordinator (4 years to 10 years experience)
Reports to: Project Services Manager / Project Manager
Location: Greater Vancouver area
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Maintain daily tracking, project documentation and progress for active projects
- Collect and distribute project performance information to the project team
- Track project progress in a scheduling program
- Assist Project Manager in preparing reports and presentations
- Prepare and maintain project files and filing
- Perform document control functions including internal and external issue of deliverables
- Assist with quality assurance functions
- Assist with implementing new processes
- Assist with invoicing and other project financial tasks
- Scheduling and preparing meetings
· Recognized post-secondary education business diploma or similar
· Advanced computing skills (Power Point, Excel, Access, Microsoft Projects, Primavera P6)
· Professional written and verbal communication skills in English
· Highly organized, dependable and proactive, good time management skills
· Be able to take direction and work in a team environment
· Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details
· Previous work place experienced in an engineering environment
· Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status
· Meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian Government security clearance
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with VEC1815 Application in subject line.
Only successful applicants will be notified.